REQUEST FOR HELP: Who wants to try out 'Asteroids Survival' (like SkyBlock)?

HAL

Jan 8, 2016
yeah, I don't sky-block much so your right about that. But another cool thing about this gamemode is that you are given things like a rocket and wire and desh and such, and access to ilmenite ore so if you go to the over-world you have lots of things you had to make to go to the moon and such. In short, it gives you a head start.

Demonoid321

Jul 30, 2014
I've been play testing this myself in survival and I'm unable to build the basic machines to collect oxygen because of the lack of tin in the asteroids. I'm curious as to how you managed to reach that point after only a few hours. Did you leave the asteroids and set up a base on mars or the moon to get tin and build collectors, or was this done solely in the asteroids? If the latter, I'm curious as to how you accomplished that because I've reached a point where I'm forced to leave otherwise I'll die from suffocation.

Edit: It wouldn't let me post with a quote so my comment is about post #15

Edit 2: I found a solution for the lack of tin.

Last edited:

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
Are mobs supposed to attack you, when inside the landing pod?

Yes they do. I landed on Mars yesterday at night and mobs were attacking and doing damage to me while inside the landing balloons. I have not confirmed this on any other vehicle though.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is and my response is probably pointless. My bad..

Aug 10, 2016
Yes they do. I landed on Mars yesterday at night and mobs were attacking and doing damage to me while inside the landing balloons. I have not confirmed this on any other vehicle though.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is and my response is probably pointless. My bad..
You get hit in your rocket too, i was in my rocket at mars and the mobs attacked me, i was one and a half hearts before taking off, lol:D

Superman

Dec 29, 2016
good point.

Knowing nothing about space flight, maybe the reasoning is that a lot of fuel is used leaving earths atmosphere. Thus the long time to get to earth, can't burn all the way. Big initial thrust to get speed, last of the fuel is spent slowing down aproaching earth.
true

Srsam

May 19, 2017
I tried playing this on the newer versions and none of them gave me a starting kit, only a rocket.