"Landing" on Venus

SteelAiron

Jan 16, 2017
Obviously, it's not possible to land in the surface of Venus due to it's temperature, acid rain, gravity, etc. However, it's clouds have water, they don't have gravity (otherwise venus could have seas of acid), and probably are colder.
So, here's my idea: floating platforms. They should be separated in tiers (higher tiers being able to support more blocks of any kind) with a maximum of three: Tier 1: supports 64 blocks; Tier 2: supports 192 blocks; and Tier 3 supports 576 blocks. To avoid infinite space stations with them, they wouldn't be placed in a radius of 256 blocks from the middle of the platform (Tier 4 platforms do not count - more info on them below). In order to be able to "land" on the clouds, it needs to have the possibility to create space stations like in the overworld, with a Tier 1 platform beneath it.
The exclusive of Venus could be the Tower Temples - generated in the surface of Venus, they could extend to the clouds (beneath them they should be solid) and generate 8~16 floors with a boss on the top (above the top floor).
If a venusian village would be added, it should be floating. The villages shouldn't have more than a 32 block radius from the well. Beneath them should be the survival-indestructible, creative only Tier 4 platforms, supporting up to 5000 blocks. Their farmlands should have venusian fire-proof crops. The villagers could be a mix between the regular villager, a blaze, and an eagle: Overall villager appearance; blaze-like color and habilities; and if they fall more than 5 blocks, they would fly revealing their arms are actually wings) to a block without anything above it. In order to navigate through the clouds, the player could have a flying machine or mini-spaceship, obviously with limited fuel, leading it into being the most dangerous form of transportation. If the player falls, they could die in 1~5 seconds after getting lower than the cloud level, but if on creative, the player could explore and edit the surface of Venus, or experience the eruption of volcanoes and the acid rain.
Speaking of them, when a volcano erupts, it would spawn large particle-like entities with the appearance of lava, and after reaching the middle of the cloud level, start to fall. When those entities fall above a block, it disappears, and place a block of venusian lava on it: Aside with having a different color from regular lava, they would destroy a bucket if one tries to pour it in,and instantly burn anything flammable and kill every entity near it. As a surface would be added, it should have a bigger use, in the case, for ores.
An upgrade for the Astro Miner should be added, where it is resistant to pressure and 600º temperatures. In order to use it on venus, its launch base should be above ground, and using the wrench, it could also turn down. After its launch, it could land down, and start mining in the direction of detected ores.
This is my idea. I hope you add something else i missed in the comments, and not criticizing me for bad grammar (as english is not my native language).

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Except that micdoodle already started making a landeable venus. Also, "gravity"? Venus has pretty much the same as Earth (slightly lower). And what is "clouds don't have gravity" even supposed to mean?

The floating platform stuff might be suitable for gas giants, though.

SteelAiron

Jan 16, 2017
Wow, what i learned from Venus was wrong. I learnt from school that Venus' gravity was so strong that you would be smashed when approached close enough, now i see that it is even lower than Earth's!
With "clouds don't have gravity", i think i meant that the clouds are less dense than air, so they don't "fall" to the surface; and simplified it (to an extreme level). I also wrote that because i still tought it's gravity was too strong.
The idea for the dungeon (a tower with multiple floors) could be used for the asteroids, making the boss hidden inside the building with no external entrances but one; with dungeon blocks hard as obsidian and walls thick (5 blocks+) to avoid digging into the dungeon.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Venus gravity is 0.9g, that is, if you weigh 100 kg on Earth, you'll weigh 90 kg on Venus. But in GC4, you'll be able to jump 2 blocks high in Venus dimension.

The actual "smashing" aspect is its surface air pressure: it's 92 times stronger than Earth's. It's like being 1000 meter underwater. Oh, it's surface temperature too: 460°C. Exaggerating a bit, you'd be turned into a bacon slab in seconds.

The floating platform stuff might be suitable for gas giants, though.
I once suggested floating platforms for Venus because of "science/reality accuracy". But, since GC has got teleporters, what is the problem with letting players land on Venus? :rolleyes:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Venus gravity is 0.9g, that is, if you weigh 100 kg on Earth, you'll weigh 90 kg on Venus. But in GC4, you'll be able to jump 2 blocks high in Venus dimension.

The actual "smashing" aspect is its surface air pressure: it's 92 times stronger than Earth's. It's like being 1000 m underwater. Oh, it's surface temperature too? 460C. Exaggerating a bit, you'd be turned into a bacon slab in seconds.

I once suggested floating platforms for Venus because of "science/reality accuracy". But, since GC has got teleporters, what is the problem with letting players land on Venus? :rolleyes:
I hope that micdoodle will add a pressure system at least. He hasn't so far, as far as I can tell from the commits on github.
What he did is making venusian atmosphere corrode your armor, for which you will need a "shield controller"