Question about Asteroids dimension

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
I have a question about the asteroids dimension. If I launch in the same place twice will I be on the same asteroid as last time or will it be another random asteroid? I'm planning on setting up a base on the Asteroids and I want to know if I'll see the base again.

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
you land on a different asteroid each time but the asteroid you land on will always be close to your original landing point, so as long as you build the base on one of the asteroids you land on when you get there or close to/on your original landing point it shouldnt be too difficult to get up there, i recommend building a system of bridges between your nearest 6 or so asteroids, or getting a mod like mekanism which comes with a jetpack and makes things a tenfold easier, and also doesnt feel overpowered, however its good to keep in mind that solar panels dont work in the asteroids, youre going to need an alternative method of getting supplies, i have a server and have some friends with me so ive set a cargo rocket and have them send me supplies to keep the base going, but you can make it all automated via the cargo loader and unloader as long as you keep the launch controllers powered on the overworld, you will still eventually have to go back when your loader runs out of supplies, but thats the only way i know of to sustain a base there for any amount of time other than however long the batteries you brought with you will last

Reactions: SuperHammy3

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
you land on a different asteroid each time but the asteroid you land on will always be close to your original landing point, so as long as you build the base on one of the asteroids you land on when you get there or close to/on your original landing point it shouldnt be too difficult to get up there, i recommend building a system of bridges between your nearest 6 or so asteroids, or getting a mod like mekanism which comes with a jetpack and makes things a tenfold easier, and also doesnt feel overpowered, however its good to keep in mind that solar panels dont work in the asteroids, youre going to need an alternative method of getting supplies, i have a server and have some friends with me so ive set a cargo rocket and have them send me supplies to keep the base going, but you can make it all automated via the cargo loader and unloader as long as you keep the launch controllers powered on the overworld, you will still eventually have to go back when your loader runs out of supplies, but thats the only way i know of to sustain a base there for any amount of time other than however long the batteries you brought with you will last
Thanks. And I don't need a jetpack ;p - I have the Essence Infused Armor with flight from Magical Crops.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I think that if it's the same player he will land in the exact same spot every time - actually it's a (minor) visual problem because the Entry Pods land on top of each other. (There's a similar problem on the Moon for Lunar Landers.)

If it's a different player playing on the same server he will land on a different asteroid, a small distance away from the first player, normally around 150-200 blocks away.

@SuperHammy3 if you want to land on your Asteroids Base every time, the best way is to build a Launch Controller on your launchpad, and another Launch Controller at the destination. It uses more rocket fuel - the rocket uses fuel while it is descending at the destination - but: * this guarantees you will land in the exact same spot every time * you can choose where that spot is, maybe you found a better asteroid for your base? * the descent in a rocket is faster than in an Entry Pod.

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
I think that if it's the same player he will land in the exact same spot every time - actually it's a (minor) visual problem because the Entry Pods land on top of each other. (There's a similar problem on the Moon for Lunar Landers.)

If it's a different player playing on the same server he will land on a different asteroid, a small distance away from the first player, normally around 150-200 blocks away.

@SuperHammy3 if you want to land on your Asteroids Base every time, the best way is to build a Launch Controller on your launchpad, and another Launch Controller at the destination. It uses more rocket fuel - the rocket uses fuel while it is descending at the destination - but: * this guarantees you will land in the exact same spot every time * you can choose where that spot is, maybe you found a better asteroid for your base? * the descent in a rocket is faster than in an Entry Pod.
It's already been answered - but this is much more detailed. Thanks.

Aug 18, 2016

I'm not landing in the same space, it's relatively random around the first landing spot and I really want to make a fully insulated base (IE I can go to asteroids without needing oxygen gear and just land in a space that seals after I enter), is there a way to set where you land?

edit: turns out using the launch controller with tier 3 and 100% fuel works

Last edited: