Flag not being generated with flagpole when I place it [1.12.2 server]

Oct 10, 2016
Hi there,

I recently made a 1.12.2 server for me and my friend to play on. I gradually added mods to the world, and the most recent one I have added is Galacticraft 4.0.1.128. My friend has not been on the server since, but today after I designed my flag in the Space Race Manager and placed down my flag, there was just a flagpole there, and my flag was nowhere to be seen.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, as I cannot find any reference to it in the forums. I was also wondering if there was any way to fix it, such as changing the mod config file?

Thanks for your help

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thanks for reporting. The 1.12.2 version has only been available for a few days, it's possible this is a bug. I will look into it and post if I have any more information, might not be until the weekend.

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks for reporting. The 1.12.2 version has only been available for a few days, it's possible this is a bug. I will look into it and post if I have any more information, might not be until the weekend.

Thank you very much. It also might be helpful for me to mention that I am using a shaderpack, however the flag still does not appear when I have the shaderpack off.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Sounds like the shaderpack is not a problem. But for general interest, it would be great to hear which shaderpack you are using, whether you have any issues with it and Galacticraft (e.g. is the Moon sky properly dark in the "day" time), and any setup tips which can help other people.

We are sometimes asked whether any shaders mods work with Galacticraft and I thought the answer was "no"!!!!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@ThunderStrikeBlue I can't reproduce this problem - flags seem totally OK in the latest build (4.0.1.157).

I've tried: single player, multiplayer server, and multiplayer server with Sponge.
Created flag, place flag - looks good. Exit and rejoin world - flag still looks good.
I have Optifine C8 but no shaders.

Please can you grab the latest build and let us know if it's still a problem for you in that?

If it's still a problem, please can you test also a new game with Galacticraft (+ MicdoodleCore) as the only mods installed. (You can have JEI, Optifine and FoamFix if you want on the client.)

-----

Also, any more info on the shaderspack you're using? Other people have reported shaders are all messed up on the Moon, Mars, Asteroids and other space dimensions. If you have one which works, it would be good to know!