Regarding the wiki...

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
It's been a long time since I've started to play with galacticraft. And the wiki has always helped me, and certainly many other. But it seems there are missing informations or false ones, since updates. Is there a way to contribute to the wiki ?
I thank everyone who will take the time to respond ! (I also thank the developpers of Galacticraft and the staff of course ! )

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
Well... I'd like to help further, like adding images. But how to get the block to look like it's in the inventory ? (With the model etc.) Is it an image from an ingame screenshot or is it in the textures folders ? I searched a bit but found nothing...

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
But how to get the block to look like it's in the inventory ?
Try Mineshot: https://github.com/ata4/mineshot

WKSmJXs.png

(comments: https://forum.micdoodle8.com/index....iki-please-let-us-know.2763/page-6#post-35516)

The challenge is to get the correct distance/aperture to get blocks at right dimensions. If you are going to use the mod, I recommend using captureWidth=2800 and captureHeight=1516 in the config.

Maybe I should post some sort of tutorial.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhysicalNova

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
@Ezer'Arch No worries, I think I got this though. I grabbed the mod and read through the "copious" amounts of documentation...I'm going to try it later "tonight" to see how it goes. If I have problems or questions I'll drop a line here.

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
Actually, I' really bad at taking screenshots (Plus I'm quite lazy, and if it's too complicated, I might abandon really quickly :-/). But I think I've found another way to do it. Simply open the inventory, take a screenshot (where there are all the blocks you want), edit, resize, and you should be good to go right ? I might have to try it to confirm it tought, when I'll have time. If this doesn't work or isn't ok, let me know please.
Have a nice day !

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
@PhysicalNova Yeah, that's the same type of issue I'm having. I think I need a better editor, and getting the distance and angle is a real peta... I've been trying different block/model editors and so far they all suck as far as I'm concerned. It would be cool if I could find a tool like that.ie one that would "build" my cube, and apply the side textures and be able to adjust lighting, angle and size/range. I've tried mcedit and am not happy with the results I get.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
Well, will it be enough as place holders until someone could take better pictures ? (I know @Ezer'Arch took great resolution screenshots)
There are blocks which texture has been updated, other that don't have one, etc.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch