Airlocks

Implement?

• Total voters

Cerebot

May 20, 2018
I know I already posted this earlier, but I'd like to restate. We should add an Airlock Block. The properties of this block are quite complicated, but this would make a great and accurate addition in my mind. When you place it down, it would create an animated 5x3x4 prism, where 2 doors are placed like a real-life airlock. If you go through one door (inner door), the other door (outer door) will open on 2 conditions: If the inner door is closed, and 2-3 seconds have passed (for the airlock to pressurize/depressurize) I know that as of right now, even simple single-piston doors will suffice for space doors, but that's because you can just turn off the pressure in a room and nothing bad will happen. If that's the case, then perhaps we should add some features reliant on oxygen (like plants). Like I said, quite complicated, but super accurate.

Pls upvote :)

Cerebot

May 20, 2018
Yes, we have airlocks, but they don't satisfy the accuracy of the idea I'm going for. For Airlock Controllers, you need a full-frame, but I'm proposing it is all one block that displays an entity (sort of solid too... I don't know how to describe it). One thing is for sure: You can't complete my idea with the in-game airlocks.

UIuser

Apr 5, 2018
Yes, we have airlocks, but they don't satisfy the accuracy of the idea I'm going for. For Airlock Controllers, you need a full-frame, but I'm proposing it is all one block that displays an entity (sort of solid too... I don't know how to describe it). One thing is for sure: You can't complete my idea with the in-game airlocks.
You can, ignoring the overly specific parts of your idea. You just need 2 doors together and a bit of redstone circuitry, or use the built in proximity detector.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
You can, ignoring the overly specific parts of your idea. You just need 2 doors together and a bit of redstone circuitry, or use the built in proximity detector.
I think a simplified (maybe) version of what they are imagining is a version of the airlock that when built would have two airlocks function as a complete multiblock structure with only one door opening at a time until the space between is either pressurized or depressurized.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch