Black Holes and Wormholes

Feb 19, 2013
I feel like sometimes, very rarely, your ship might go out of control and lead you straight into a black/wormhole. Wormholes are black-ish purple and black holes, are, of course, black. There's a 0.5% chance of going into a black hole which kills you instantly, and a 1% chance of going into a wormhole which completely re-creates your Minecraft universe, with the only way of getting back to your old one is to find another wormhole (in the new universe it's now a 10% chance of falling into a wormhole).

The only way to prevent either of these is to get a radar, crafted as such and add it into your ship:
[D][T][D]
[G][R][G]
[T][C][T]

D = Diamond
G = Glass
R = Redstone
T = Redstone Torch
C = Compass

Feb 19, 2013
It's Minecraft, who cares about if a spaceship can survive a wormhole?
Also, I've thought maybe when you first enter a wormhole and you make it back to your old universe, you can travel through the wormhole you found on will, so you can basically have two universes in one map.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
This mod is generally aimed at being vaugely realistic, and perhaps making a starship that orbits the planet, and having the current ship be a sort of lander, might be the best course of action.
A spaceship is designed to orbit planets and fly short distances, a Starship is for interstellar travel. JSYK

Feb 19, 2013
Or maybe there should be a "minigame" you have to play before you approach a black hole, if you succeed, you can get away from it.

Mar 9, 2013
I support the idea of wormholes, however I think it would be best to teleport you to another portion of the universe rather than resetting your world.

Feb 19, 2013
For heck's sake, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RESETTING THE WORLD.
I'm saying reMAKING the world, meaning, alongside the world you spawned in, it makes and transports you to another universe. The only way to get back to your old universe is by finding another wormhole. Your old one isn't deleted nor is it replaced.

Dalton Rhine

Mar 11, 2013
Good idea but how you explain black holes is wrong. A black hole is technically invisible because light can't reflect off of it considering that photons get sucked up too, and wormholes wouldn't be big enough to go through considering that a atom can't even get through. You would need some way of making the wormhole bigger and that would only last for a small amount of time. Another thing is that wormholes haven't been proven to exist and to say they do is "bad" science.

Reactions: obsidianpower790

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Wormholes simply cant be proven to exist. And atoms fit in it. Our could rather. A Wormholes is just two linking singularity black holes (not all black boles have to be singularities). But any material trapped inside would get stuck in the singularity, unless there was a white hole on the other side, which would soon become a black hole itself. Anti-gravitons, blah blah blah.