Better Space Stations

Sai'Raikin

Mar 31, 2013
Hello Micdoodle! I had a few comments and suggestions to the space station.

--Comments--
1. Why is it open? Should be a closed off space with a airlock.
2. Should have a bio-sphere so oxygen is inside of the space station

--Suggestions--

1. Create a bigger space with a Hanger.
2. Bio-Spheres
3. Zero g enviroment
4. A machine that creates artificial gravity
I have a template set if you want a pic.

About the hanger, for the current space ship, how it would launch side ways, make a support you put under your space ship so it will look like this. Except, replace the fences with Space Ship Supports, the grey wool with tin, and the iron with launch pad.

CUsI4n2.png

hope you like my ideas!

Thnx. -DD

Adamite

Apr 1, 2013
i do believe that the space station should be bigger but given the resources it requires its plenty big. But you could have an extra screen with were you can pick your space station and the resource amounts would differ from station to station

EvilGamer100

Mar 31, 2013
Its not like the space station HAS to be the way it is. You can just add more stuff by building blocks, creating a lab or any of that stuff

Mar 12, 2013
yeah just make it bigger and add oxygen collcetors, distributors and a tree farm. although i like the landing/taking off sideways

czarj02dwarf

Apr 4, 2013
I like the idea for a gravity sim, and the side ways launching so it is like a hanger, But again you have plenty space to add on to your space station. But maybe there could be and option for an "Advance space station" that cost a lot more materials, but it has a bio sphere and a hanger already installed to it.

Mar 30, 2013
Florida, USA
I like the idea for a gravity sim, and the side ways launching so it is like a hanger, But again you have plenty space to add on to your space station. But maybe there could be and option for an "Advance space station" that cost a lot more materials, but it has a bio sphere and a hanger already installed to it.
yeah I could go with this and have alot more options like a lab to discover stuff....idk what but something. :)

Reactions: czarj02dwarf

Wulfyk

Mar 30, 2013
Warsaw
www.planetminecraft.com
I think micdoodle8 will update Spacestation to not be void friendly as they are now. Altrought I am aginst side docking. Firstly we need new landing procedure to make that happen. Simple platform for rocekts is plenty. Secondly how you imagine docking procedure? We aim or rocket in it? How it have only one engine and nawigating it is as navigating rocket we can shoot down our space stations...

Sai'Raikin

Mar 31, 2013
I think micdoodle8 will update Spacestation to not be void friendly as they are now. Altrought I am aginst side docking. Firstly we need new landing procedure to make that happen. Simple platform for rocekts is plenty. Secondly how you imagine docking procedure? We aim or rocket in it? How it have only one engine and nawigating it is as navigating rocket we can shoot down our space stations...

Well, You could do both kinds of launches. You could select "Vertical Launch" or "Hanger Launch"
The landing would be self aimed. You cant hurt your space station because the ship becomes an item when collisiding.(I didnt think of aiming. :/)