An Exploreable Space Enviroment

Sai'Raikin

Mar 31, 2013
I was wondering if it could be possible to have space as a dimension, so you could fly where you wanted? Like, you leave the atmosphere and you enter the Space dimension. You have a interplanetary map in your ship so you could see where your current position is and where your objective is. Also, it would tell you of incoming comet and meteor threats.

I think that would be cool! I don't know about other people.

Hope you consider my idea!

-Sai

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
I've read quite a few posts about this being implemented, I too have posted supporting this idea as instead of a menu appearing you'd just get shot into space and start wandering. I think that having a map is boring though i think it would be quite fun to get lost in space and not know when a meteor, junk or anything having a chance to just hit you at ten's of thousands of miles per hour.

Reactions: czarj02dwarf
Mar 30, 2013
Florida, USA
I would support this if it wasn't planetary travel (ie. you could walk to the next planet with out any rockets or anything.) If that was not able to happen I would support this.

tyrantelf

Mar 23, 2013
Some of the problems your going to run into with this are things like changing gravity, oxygen availability, etc. without changing to a different "dimension".
Is it possible? probably. Is it probable? probably not. I can't speak for micdoodle, but I don't think it would be worth the effort, at least at this stage.

CPL-Coconut

Apr 2, 2013
To be fair, you have to consider rendering and lag. The amount of lag from implementing this idea would just be immense, my computer would have a lag-fest/tantrum of epic proportions.

Reactions: Qeztotz

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Why does everyone say being able to walk to other planets? Thats such a dumb idea.....
Because walking on other planets makes sense, there's a little thing called gravity to hold you to the ground. Besides, you have a free-floating space dimension, the Space Station dimension is infinite, so just fly your ship around there as you please.

Mar 30, 2013
Florida, USA
ok if you ad a ship into it id be better with that would space just be empty and not have anything in it or could you be able to get to the other planets that would make me be ok with it.

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
Because walking on other planets makes sense, there's a little thing called gravity to hold you to the ground. Besides, you have a free-floating space dimension, the Space Station dimension is infinite, so just fly your ship around there as you please.

I dont think you get the point why would you fly around in space for nothing, the reason for this post is to say that people want to actually fly to planets on a spaceship not just a place to fly. And also about the walk to planets stuff why not just make it so if you walk to a planet you die once you enter due to hitting the atmosphere or falling from high place

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I dont think you get the point why would you fly around in space for nothing, the reason for this post is to say that people want to actually fly to planets on a spaceship not just a place to fly. And also about the walk to planets stuff why not just make it so if you walk to a planet you die once you enter due to hitting the atmosphere or falling from high place
One word; lag.

tyrantelf

Mar 23, 2013
One word; lag.
^ Some suggestions are good, but just aren't worth the resources it takes to implement them. The mod has to run on almost any computer, or it wouldn't be worth developing. You could do a lot of things, but most computers just couldn't handle them.

Mar 30, 2013
Florida, USA
You have a good point but I was not with the idea that you did not nead a space ship to get to other planets.
also as Dunewolfz said lag.

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
what about using a system like flans mod where you can add more stuff to the mod and some of those would be owner made adding space travel, black holes, yady yada, you get the point so that weaker computers can still enjoy galacticraft lag free but if you have a better computer you can add addons.