Several ideas

DeWolf

Feb 26, 2013
I have several ideas for this mod the first is when more planets are being developed also work on other star systems. Second aliens rather than just vanilla mobs wearing space gear. Third a reworked oxygen system for the distributers and collecters like the distributers are able to have temporary oxygen from portable tanks, then the oxygen has to be in an enclosed space being enter able by either air locks or piston doors not regular doors (since they have holes in them) otherwise the oxygen would just vent out into space and be useless. Third the ability to actually land your space ship. Fourth being able to have larger ships and use them as mobile bases able to land on planets, be in orbit or stay in a random place in space. Fifth space encounter while traveling through space. Sixth would be to study alien plants and creature to find diseases and cures and other whatnot. This last one is more of an optional suggestion but to be able to link the moon and over world basically means if an entity on the moon flys high enough it would land on earth and for things like wireless reds tone( this is more or less to be something so that this mod would be cool to use with other mods like ICBM to have lunar missile base and launch them to earth from the moon).

Zeal

Feb 27, 2013
I agree with you on the connecting the moon to over world i would love to be able to shoot missiles at people from the moon

Feb 24, 2013
Most of these have been posted... and the link between moon and earth is a GREAT idea, but seems difficult to implement. :/ i support it though!

DeWolf

Feb 26, 2013
Most of these have been posted... and the link between moon and earth is a GREAT idea, but seems difficult to implement. :/ i support it though!
I know it would be difficult and probably need some cooperative work between other mod makers, that's why I said it was an optional suggestion because it would be awesome to have but can be lived without

Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, a way he could possibly make something similar, is have his own version of wireless redstone, and have a sort of channel system that checks when you change dimensions what wireless redstone channels have an "on" signal and which are off. He could use similar things for entities, where he tracks velocity in XYZ, and what block in XZ coordinates that the entity will leave the planet on, and use the same corrdinates, but with downward instead of upward force when said entity gets to the moon.

Saint_The_Sig

Feb 27, 2013
Agreed for the moon link but it doesn't have to be limited to the moon (im referring to missiles here) but the moon would take the least amount of travel time but for reals some sort of partnership with ICBM modders would be fantastic and should be done if possible.

DeWolf

Feb 26, 2013
Agreed for the moon link but it doesn't have to be limited to the moon (im referring to missiles here) but the moon would take the least amount of travel time but for reals some sort of partnership with ICBM modders would be fantastic and should be done if possible.
I said the moon because each ICBM missile tier has a limited range and only long range missiles would be able to get from the moon to earth. The ICBM mod guys would have to make a tier 12 missile just to travel from Venus, (which is the closest planet to earth irl) to earth.

Saint_The_Sig

Feb 27, 2013
Not really space is a vacuum so momentum is preserved and ICBMs all ready designed to exit and reenter atmospheres so really all you need is some really good guidance programs but range is not the issue

DeWolf

Feb 26, 2013
Not really space is a vacuum so momentum is preserved and ICBMs all ready designed to exit and reenter atmospheres so really all you need is some really good guidance programs but range is not the issue
in space yes the problem is atmosphere, gravity and radio range(signal range).

Saint_The_Sig

Feb 27, 2013
Once the missile leaves the atmosphere of the launching planet the atmosphere of the target planet doesn't mater because gravity will be pulling it down. For radio range A. send commands before hand (like they did to record the lander's depart from the moon) or preprogram the missile's route.

DeWolf

Feb 26, 2013
Once the missile leaves the atmosphere of the launching planet the atmosphere of the target planet doesn't mater because gravity will be pulling it down. For radio range A. send commands before hand (like they did to record the lander's depart from the moon) or preprogram the missile's route.
When I said atmosphere I ment if a missile were to launch from a planet where the atmosphere has large amounts of methane or something similar along with oxygen then the missile would blow up almost as soon as it launches. As for signal the transmitter needs be constantly sending information through space otherwise the signal would eventually be lost.

Saint_The_Sig

Feb 27, 2013
i understand your problem with certain atmospheres i don't really understand your radio signal problem, yes you could lose the signal in space but you should just preprogram the route to prevent lost nukes.

Feb 24, 2013
BIG problem here nobody noticed... meteors... and if you get past that anything past mars is gaurded by the asteroid belt.

Saint_The_Sig

Feb 27, 2013
If I remember correctly the asteroid belt is on the same plane as the planets orbits so to go around it you go "over" or "under" it with regard to the solar orbital plane.

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Connecting the moon and earth would not be that hard if you make use of the Gravitycraft mod!
It is not updated at the moment but will be in the future, maybe you could ask Ivorius for help adding parts of it to Galacticraft?

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Haha yes it is right now, but he was planning to update it to Forge.
Although lately he has some idea's against it, maybe a mod like this can change his mind!