Oxygen sealer

Lewis_McReu

Mar 13, 2013
Infinite batteries should work. On how to use the coal generator: check the universal electricity wiki.

About this unsealed stuff: in the newest recommended version, two special blocks to help you seal a room are included. There is one to let electricity in and out of your sealed room, called the sealable copper wire, and one to let oxygen in and out of your room, called the sealable oxygen pipe. replacing the oxygen pipe that goes through the wall/ceiling with the last named should fix that problem. Also, you have to turn on the sealer in the GUI.

If it still doesn't work, it might be that the moon dirt isn't actually impermeable to air. I haven't tested that out, apologies for that. Anyhow, replace walls, floor and ceiling with tin blocks, those did work when I tested it.

Dladak

Apr 20, 2013
Ok.
It's my first time dealing with mods on minecraft so it might take me a while to figure how the electricity stuff works. And i'm really getting sick of youtube tutorials :p
When you mention the newest version you're thinking about galacticraft or the electricity mod (which is what actually ?) ?

From what I understand, galacticraft comes with the Basic Components Mod, giving the minimum amount of electricity to power stuff. But i can't seem to find the version of Basic Components that has those sealable cables ...

And if I want a more complete design do you reccommend the full voltz mode ?

Lewis_McReu

Mar 13, 2013
Right, some quick explaining at the bottom, long version below:

Galacticraft was a standalone mod; then became dependent on the Universal Electricity mod, made by Calclavia, which in fact is more of a framework for others mods to use. Now Galacticraft is again a standalone mod, including the universal electricity coding that it needs though.

And indeed, Galacticraft is probably gonna be included in the Voltz modpack sometime; that depends on Micdoodle and the Technicians.
As such, you can already add Galacticraft to your Voltz pack, while awaiting the official inclusion; it will be far more interesting and be a more complete game that way. (Don't expect everything to work on the moon etc. though.)

A quick note: I don't think Galacticraft will be added to Voltz within considerable time, as the mod is still in heavy development. One single moon has been added, while the whole Solar System will be included eventually. That is a lot of coding, and might take a lot of time.

So, short version:
You don't need any other mod than Galacticraft to use the mod.
Voltz should work fine, and makes your modded Minecraft even more interesting.

Dladak

Apr 20, 2013
Ok thanks for the response on Voltz. I'll probably add it later (who doesn't need a nuclear plant on the moon ?)

My question is more about the oxygen sealer and oxygen in general. I've failed to understand the following:

1. How can i get those sealable cables ?
  2. I had more questions that i added to this specific thread http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/oxygen-airlock-closed-room-general-rules.1220/
You don't have to answer all of those, but i'm gonna give you a picture of what i'm trying to build.

A central moon station providing large ammounts of oxygen and electricity for other small stations. And i'm having three problems
  1. The big ammount of electricity (easily solved by voltz, i think)
  2. The big ammount of oxygen (huge problem, i can't get several bubble dispensorson the same line without the bubbles shrinking no matter what the number of collector is + i can't get any leaves to stay forever)
  3. Closing in some air (ergo my question on the sealer)

Have you got any ideas ?

Lewis_McReu

Mar 13, 2013
I saw the problem for the sealable wire and pipes was solved in the other topic, so I'm not going to react to that.

As for the big amount of electricity: indeed, Voltz solves a lot of that, and the infinite batteries help in creative :).

About the problem with oxygen distributors etc.: you came to the conclusion yourself that oxygen pipes cannot hold an infinite amount of oxygen. As such, connecting multiple oxygen distributors would indeed divide up the oxygen between them.

About closing in some air: also answered in your other topic.

Now finally about the trees, and the decaying leaves: In my opinion decaying leaves are rather logical on a moon. A tree inhales CO2 through it's leaves, has a chemical process going on involving the CO2, sunlight and water to turn it into O2. This is how a tree lives; CO2 is for a tree as is oxygen for mankind.
The moon has NO atmosphere though, with no CO2, no O2, or any other kind of gas being kept around it by it's own gravity. The only thing passing by regularly is a comet.

Now, to comfort you: on a planet such as Mars, you would NOT have that problem. Mars has an atmosphere, and that atmosphere contains mostly CO2. As such, it's tree paradise you could say :p. So for when Mars is added: be sure to bring saplings, dirt and water with you in your rocket!

Now as for creating a base on the moon: I don't have a very good answer to that. Creating a self sustaining base is currently impossible.
I did manage to get one working though: by creating a lot of smaller rooms, all with an airlock in between, and using tree farms on top / on the side, I managed to have a sealed large base on the moon. Now I just have to constantly go cut down trees and replant them.

I hope this was a clear explanation.

Andre

Mar 3, 2013
You can place the oxygen sealer anywhere in the room you want to seal. If the sealer hasn't got the capacity to fill the whole room, it won't work though. In that case, place more.

To create an inpermeable room, you can use any blocks except for glass, doors and others you can watch through.
(there's more, but those are most notable). A closed oxygen gate thingy (can't remember the official name) also works.

The special impermeable blocks are the oxygen pipe block and the copper wire block. You can use those in your wall to get power and oxygen into your base. They connect respectively to copper wire and oxygen pipes.
air lock, you mean?

DcNdrew

Apr 18, 2013
Hungary
Now finally about the trees, and the decaying leaves: In my opinion decaying leaves are rather logical on a moon. A tree inhales CO2 through it's leaves, has a chemical process going on involving the CO2, sunlight and water to turn it into O2. This is how a tree lives; CO2 is for a tree as is oxygen for mankind.
The moon has NO atmosphere though, with no CO2, no O2, or any other kind of gas being kept around it by it's own gravity. The only thing passing by regularly is a comet.

Now, to comfort you: on a planet such as Mars, you would NOT have that problem. Mars has an atmosphere, and that atmosphere contains mostly CO2. As such, it's tree paradise you could say :p. So for when Mars is added: be sure to bring saplings, dirt and water with you in your rocket!
Trees do than. At daylight. But as it goes dark, the trees start to use O2 like animals do. One way should be a complete biodome what generates oxygen.

The continents of Moon are mostly oxides, the mares (seas) are iron and basalt. So there is a way to make oxygen from the own material of the Moon.

Teknic93

Apr 21, 2013
UK
Hey Guys, just been doing some playing with the #88 Build. Turns out that the Oxygen problem is improving and Sealers are usable giving higher oxygen values (I've seen one hit 2500+). The room has to be completely sealed from the outside space, getting the power and oxygen to the sealers can be done using the Seal-able Oxygen Pipes and Seal-able Copper Wire. I haven't done any calculations for room size / oxygen input, however I have been able to seal a reasonably sized dome using around 6 trees / 6 oxygen collectors. I hope this clears a few things up, but i'll be playing around a bit more today... (Also, not sure if this is an oversight, but leaves also allow for a seal... see video for our video, haha

The video was taken using #69 however we have retested with #88 and the same happens. :)

Reactions: BecauseScorpion
Feb 25, 2015
I would like to point out that for those who are having trouble with the oxygen sealer, for me I have noticed that glowstone does not seal a room, as apparently air can travel through it. Hope this helps!