New Planets and Resources

Mar 12, 2013
GREAT FREAKIN IDEA. but u guys think too big. doing the solar system causes enough bugs. micdoodle8 has enough on his plate and coding is VERY HARD. trust me i do it and it is hard. maybe he could get this eventually but dont expect it to happen in the next months. this would make minecraft a whole new game that probably wouldnt really be MC anymore. so yeah it took 5 years to complete minecraft. now theres just updates adding cool stuff

Qeztotz

Mar 31, 2013
I support all of this, all the way. It is an excellent idea, and though it will take ages to code, i believe that it will be glorious when its finished.
As for the asteroid belt being a vital place to visit, I have an idea. In that asteroid belt, there are much higher quantities of Iridium than are found on earth, and Iridium is frankly an awesome element, it is light, durable, and is the most corrosive-resistant metal of all. In fact the only thing that will corrode it with any speed is pure fluorine gas, which is practically non-existent in the natural world. This would make it a perfect option for spacecraft heat-shielding, so it could be a case of limiting the ability to land on planets rather than having the fuel to reach them.
what do you think guys?

Reactions: jojack

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
GREAT FREAKIN IDEA. but u guys think too big. doing the solar system causes enough bugs. micdoodle8 has enough on his plate and coding is VERY HARD. trust me i do it and it is hard. maybe he could get this eventually but dont expect it to happen in the next months. this would make minecraft a whole new game that probably wouldnt really be MC anymore. so yeah it took 5 years to complete minecraft. now theres just updates adding cool stuff
Believe me, I know how long coding, bug checking, etc take (I used to program in C++ back in ye olde days). These are simply ideas I thought would be fairly interesting, if Micdoodle wants to make this happen all the more power to him.

Reactions: spacet&b

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
What about Kepler 22-b? It could have the mobs similar to the overworld & could have a human base with... well you know what going to be inside.

Another thing is when the new stuff that the yogcast and davechaos reviewed are out, the planets and moon and solar systems should have sections like when you click on Jupiter they'll be a section of Jupiter's moons next to it.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
What about Kepler 22-b? It could have the mobs similar to the overworld & could have a human base with... well you know what going to be inside.

Another thing is when the new stuff that the yogcast and davechaos reviewed are out, the planets and moon and solar systems should have sections like when you click on Jupiter they'll be a section of Jupiter's moons next to it.
Well,
1. Kepler 22-b is a bit too much like the overworld, there needs to be a decent room for variation. I look at planet's ESIs and go with ones that could barely be habitable, just barely. Kepler 22-b would pretty much be the equivalent to having a second Overworld base.
2. Call me a hipster but Kepler 22-b is used way too often in fictional space exploration games. I went with Tau Ceti f as a viable substitute. Tau Ceti f is on the lower end of the habitability spectrum, meaning that it while it is habitable, it's not somewhere you'd want to stay for very long.
3. On your second point, I completely agree, separate menus for each planet would be nice. Perhaps something like you'd click on the planet on the planet selection screen, then it gives you a list of moons (if any) for the selected planet.

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
Well,
1. Kepler 22-b is a bit too much like the overworld, there needs to be a decent room for variation. I look at planet's ESIs and go with ones that could barely be habitable, just barely. Kepler 22-b would pretty much be the equivalent to having a second Overworld base.
2. Call me a hipster but Kepler 22-b is used way too often in fictional space exploration games. I went with Tau Ceti f as a viable substitute. Tau Ceti f is on the lower end of the habitability spectrum, meaning that it while it is habitable, it's not somewhere you'd want to stay for very long.
3. On your second point, I completely agree, separate menus for each planet would be nice. Perhaps something like you'd click on the planet on the planet selection screen, then it gives you a list of moons (if any) for the selected planet.
So I guess going for intense would be nice to give a challenge at least like trying to survive WASP 12-b's intense heat because it sooner or later will get engulfed or vaporised by it's own star(kind of an event to see every world you load up, WASP 12-b gets destroyed when you've been through a minecraft month).

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
So I guess going for intense would be nice to give a challenge at least like trying to survive WASP 12-b's intense heat because it sooner or later will get engulfed or vaporised by it's own star(kind of an event to see every world you load up, WASP 12-b gets destroyed when you've been through a minecraft month).
WASP 12-b... I like that. Gimmie a a little bit and I'll make some ideas for it.

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
[Continued from previous post]
  • WASP 12-B- A planet which has been turned into a living hell because its own sun is quickly engulfing it, turning it into a scorched pile of planetary ash. WASP 12-b is running on borrowed time, meaning that you can't stay for very long, as the planet is becoming more and more inhospitable by the second. After 3 Minecraft months (30 hours of gameplay) the planet will be completely inhospitable, but you can still visit.
    • Surviving on WASP 12-b - As soon as you arrive the first thing you'll notice is the fact that the entire sky is a bright white because the sun occupies the entire sky, day in and day out. If you take your armour off while on the surface you will instantly catch on fire. Each time you visit WASP 12-b you can only stay for a very limited amount of time, roughly 30 minutes (if you stay longer you will begin to lose health at around the same speed as poison 1). Armour weaker than iron will turn to ash in your inventory, same applies to tools.
  • Ores of WASP 12b
    • Diamond (common)
    • Iron (very common)
    • Ash ore (useless ore which spawns very often near the surface). Breaks very quickly and drops 3-4 ash piles when mined.
    • Vehemium - Named after the word "Vehement", meaning "marked by a forceful energy". This white ore spawns very deep within the crust of WASP 12b. When mined with a normal pickaxe, it breaks, only dropping a pile of ash behind. When mined with a silk touch pickaxe, you get the ore itself. Said ore must be smelted via an Ionization Furnace to obtain the Vehemium Mold, which has numerous uses:
      • Vehemium Cookie - Crafted (shapeless) via one cookie and one Vehemium Mold. Grants 20 seconds of Fire Resistance and 8 seconds of Regeneration.
      • Vehemium Sword - Crafted with 1 blaze rod and two Vehemium Molds in the shape of a sword. Deals 15 hearts of damage on hit. When right-clicked, it creates a temporary force-field around the player which makes the player immune to damage for 5 seconds. Using this feature costs three times the normal durability of a slashing hit, however. 1200 durability.
      • Vehemium Bow - Crafted like a bow with Vehemium Molds replacing the sticks and Sugar Canes replacing the string. The Vehemium Bow reaches full charge faster than a normal bow and requires no arrows to fire it. The only downside to the bow is that it cannot fire without being fully charged. Fully charged arrows deal 30 hearts of damage. If the player has a Wither Skeleton Skull in their inventory, the arrow fired from the bow will also deal wither to the mob it hits.
      • Spacefarer's Claw Pick - Crafted like a pickaxe but replacing the axe head with Vehemium Molds, the middle stick with a Sugar Cane, and the bottom pick with an iron pickaxe. The SCP has 800 durability, and mines at the same speed as a Gold Pickaxe. The SCP has the unique ability to allows the player to:
        • Climb up vertical walls when it is the currently selected item.
        • When right-clicking with the SCP, you can charge it. When this charge is released, the player dashes forward 20 blocks, instantly mining away any blocks in front of them. Whilst in this dash, the player is invincible. This ability wears the pick down by 15 points, however.
        • The SCP also deals an extra 2 hearts of damage to any alive mobs, (ie, the opposite of smite).
      • Useless Glorified Pile of Ash - Shapeless recipe; one diamond, one ash pile, one Vehemium mold, one iron, one Radial Terraformer, and one block of redstone. The UGPA has no use whatsoever, but it is great for showing off your interplanetary experiences. Smelt this to get 1 Planetary Reformation Essence, which can be used to break down your individual atoms and reform them on another planet's surface, effectively working as an interplanetary teleportation system. The PRE has 42 uses, and is used by right-clicking on the ground (must be on the surface of the planet). The PRE cannot be used to go to the Nether or the End.
      • Micdoodle Space Transport Wagon (MSTW) - Crafted like a Minecart but replace the iron with Vehemium Molds. Put a stick in the center of the crafting table and you have a MSTW. This little wagon follows you wherever you go, bringing along anything you put in it. The MSTW even has its own Thrusters and Landers for safe takeoff and touchdown. The MSTW has 52 slots of storage capacity. Beware of it though, it is smarter than it looks. It cannot be told to stay, it will follow you forever, and when you die, it will come straight back to you...

Reactions: cur25

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
Perhaps as a bonus planet that you'd have to have some kind of secret way of getting there. IDK, seems a tad OP for my liking.
Might need a different type of spaceship like a stellar rocket which lists only pulsar planet systems, lots of coding though

Dunewolfz

Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Might need a different type of spaceship like a stellar rocket which lists only pulsar planet systems, lots of coding though
Tier 1 - Rocketship (inner planets)
Tier 2 - Spaceship (outer planets+Kuiper belt objects)
Tier 3 - Starship (Anything past the Oort Cloud, within the Milky Way)
Tier 4 - Intergalactic Spacefarer (other Galaxies, which I'm not keen on doing because that is really pushing the realism envelope.)
I haven't really thought of any "special" spaceships per se, plus it would just make Micdoodle's job even harder.

Blorph

May 28, 2013
Tier 1 - Rocketship (inner planets)
Tier 2 - Spaceship (outer planets+Kuiper belt objects)
Tier 3 - Starship (Anything past the Oort Cloud, within the Milky Way)
Tier 4 - Intergalactic Spacefarer (other Galaxies, which I'm not keen on doing because that is really pushing the realism envelope.)
I haven't really thought of any "special" spaceships per se, plus it would just make Micdoodle's job even harder.

I suggest that it would be possible to find "Dyson Spheres" That allow you to get energy the star, but these would be HUGE and would be the remnants of past alien civilizations (Maybe the pigmen...) This would be interesting, It be very similar to the space stations near the Overworld, but have "thrusters" beneath that require fuel, but if you place solar panels below, you can power it even better than on the Overworld, and not be like the sun was in a beach ball,
but be in a ring (if you look at the article above) Though I don't know how this would be done.

As for Jupiter
- Constant Slowness potion, It would be a drag...

-Having Metallic Hydrogen, I like it but it shouldn't be like lava or a liquid, It (in that form) is a METAL, When used on the Overworld, It doesn't melt, but simply evaporates after a long while, With Atomic Science, a block of MH (Metallic Hydrogen) placed into a Chemical/Deuterium Extractor gives triple the Deuterium.
If used with MineChem, It is simply is made out of H64 H64 H64 H64.

-Floating cities, Think Bespin, It would be similar to space stations, but at a altitude high enough to have oxygen,
Though watch out for lighting and storms!

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
I LOVE it but let's say Micdoodle sees this, I'm sure he`ll love it but it might be too much. We could make an addon for this or maybe help him with it or do something I can't think of right now. But none the less, this is some amazing stuff.:D