A load of bugs to report

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
Hello everyone, I have a lot of bugs to report and I'd rather make one thread rather than 8. I wanted to report these bugs directly to micdoodle8 but I couldn't find any way to contact him personally.

Forge Version: 9.10.0.804
GC Version: 548

1. Stackable items in the bottom 3 slots of an airdrop chest or a moon lander will duplicate when shift-clicked into the inventory.

2. Oxygen sealers do not seal rooms if powered by infinate batteries

3. Occasionally, if you break a block that stores entities (aka Chest) not all of the entities will actually come out and fall on the floor. This also happens if you die or in an explosion.

4. Combining 2 partially filled fuel cans with a combined durability of over 1000 will create a partially filled canister with a damage value of 1001/1001 and is unusable.

5. 4 Oxygen collectors at 100% output only supply 4 oxygen sealers with 40% input (This may not be a bug, but someone in the irc said they thought it was)

6. When you "loot" a parachest or moon lander, you get a fuel canister filled with all of the unused fuel from your rocket. Essentially, it gives you a free canister an it would probably be a good idea to require an empty canister in the rocket before every launch, it could have it's own GUI slot.

7. Update from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2 brings you to a different location on the moon than previously. Now when I go to the moon, I land 500-1000 blocks away from my old moon base, the same thing happens when I land back on Earth. This may be more of a new feature rather than a bug, but it's pretty annoying.

8. Lastly, for some reason when you are on the moon with an enchanted bow, it will appear as a pink and black checkerboard box in your inventory and when you hold it.

9. Found another, you can't shift click items into the bottom half of a rocket with 54 storage space

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
See sticky on how to report bugs. IE Forge log files. That's allot of bugs. Some have already been reported however. Thanks for finding them. MicDoodle will see them here for sure.

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
See sticky on how to report bugs. IE Forge log files. That's allot of bugs. Some have already been reported however. Thanks for finding them. MicDoodle will see them here for sure.

Yeah I know how to "officially" report bugs but I don't think forge logs would help with most of these.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Just because you don't understand doesn't make it so. Programmers speak, and understand a different language. Besides it could just save some time on the off chance you're doing something wrong. In my experience it's 50% of the time, but a log file saves time anyway. Otherwise we have to recreate it and make our own log file.

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
Just because you don't understand doesn't make it so. Programmers speak, and understand a different language. Besides it could just save some time on the off chance you're doing something wrong. In my experience it's 75% of the time, but a log file saves time anyway. Otherwise we have to recreate it and make our own log file.

I do understand it (somewhat) but for example, #1. I don't think something like that would appear in the logs, and if it does it would be lost within thousands of lines of code (granted if you knew what you were looking for you could do Ctrl + F but still)

I also know that I am not the only one with these problems, but maybe everyone is doing something wrong. If you watch Guude's latest episode of Space Chickens, when he shift-clicks the 9 launch pads out of the moon lander, it turns into 18

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Obviously you don't understand it fully. Maybe you're using some other mod which you didn't report that you were or weren't using. Maybe you're using a version you forgot you were using. The log would tell us this as well. Us type A people need to know this info. Otherwise we have to assume. I've also seen where not clearing out a minecraft folder completely leaves stuff behind, and generates bugs that aren't normally there. It shouldn't, but it can. ASS|U|ME. I don't like to assume.

Anyway thanks for the bug reports.

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
Obviously you don't understand it fully. Maybe you're using some other mod which you didn't report that you were or weren't using. Maybe you're using a version you forgot you were using. The log would tell us this as well. Us type A people need to know this info. Otherwise we have to assume. I've also seen where not clearing out a minecraft folder completely leaves stuff behind, and generates bugs that aren't normally there. It shouldn't, but it can. ASS|U|ME. I don't like to assume.

Anyway thanks for the bug reports.

Type A? OK Mr. Master Race lol. All these bugs I've reported have been collected overtime and it would take a lot of time to go through and find the logs for. I've also taken 2 years of computer science, and the second year was java. I'm a novice when it comes to modding minecraft, I can understand ~75% of what is in the logs. Also, maybe it's just my ignorance but #1,4,6,7,8, and 9 all don't seem like they require logs.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Type A? OK Mr. Master Race lol. All these bugs I've reported have been collected overtime and it would take a lot of time to go through and find the logs for. I've also taken 2 years of computer science, and the second year was java. I'm a novice when it comes to modding minecraft, I can understand ~75% of what is in the logs. Also, maybe it's just my ignorance but #1,4,6,7,8, and 9 all don't seem like they require logs.

It might not seem like they do, but Forge tends to hide little errors in every log they make.
Psst, hey MoA... "assume".

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
It might not seem like they do, but Forge tends to hide little errors in every log they make.
Psst, hey MoA... "assume".

If that is the case and the only way to get these bugs fixed is it make them all happen again and report the logs, I will but that seems like a bitch :(

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
OK #3 isn't just on the moon. I killed myself from fall damage in the middle of an open field, there is nowhere that an entity can 'hide' and I coem back and only 90% of my stuff is actually on the floor. I think this is a forge bug not a GC bug

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
10. Oxygen gear and parachutes do not drop when you die.
11. Annnnnnd another, sleeping on the space station doesn't set the time to day

Last edited: