Personal Asteroids

Like space stations you should be able to create your own asteroid. It would take 42 iron 12 tin and 2 copper. The asteroid would be 600 blocks or longer and all made out of 5 main blocks. Iron, tin, copper, emerald and a rare spawn if diamond. Eatch one is different and if you fall out you would eather float in space jumping asteroid to asteroid, or you fall back to earth.

Reactions: Vigilantecow

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
A space station isn't mineable. This asteroid apparently is. You got yourself an infinite resource loop there. Bad deal.

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
I'm with you on asteroid mining. Not sure this is how to implement it. But yes on asteroids.
Yeah, implementing it would be a bit of a challenge. I'm not a fan of the way the OP suggests, I think it would be better if you could fly to the asteroid belt. Since there are only tier 1 rockets atm, it would be unrealistic to fly to the asteroid belt with that. I'm hoping that a tier 2 rocket will be implemented with Mars, and the tier 2 rocket could get to the asteroid belt, then the tier 3 rocket would be able to get to some of the outer planet's moon (Europa, Titan, IO, and maybe a few others)

I'm getting a bit carried away, but what I mean is: A tier 2 rocket should be required to get to the asteroid belt, and the tier 2 rocket wouldn't be cheap so it's not like you are just getting loads of free shit. Also maybe you would need to pay like... idk.. 5-10 diamonds per asteroid? The asteroid would have mainly copper, tin, and iron with some emeralds and rare diamonds so I think that would be pretty balanced

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
And to get out of our solar system would require those precious minerals, and warp drives. Which take allot. Wooohooo. Space cowboy.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I've got an idea on how to implement asteroids. You know that Solar System Map you have? How about every so often an asteroid will be seen on the map, as if it is just passing through the Solar System. You'd launch to the asteroid and mine it up all you want, but as soon as you leave it, it disappears from the map. I'd say about half the size of the End should fit just fine. Resources would probably range from Iron being relatively common to diamonds being fairly rare, and it's mostly made of stone, cobble, gravel, and ice.
Probably one spawns every MC week? I'd say that's fair.

Reactions: heavyminecraftgamer

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
You should always be risking life and limb to get diamonds. I still get excited when I see diamonds. I want to keep it that way.

Sniper

Jul 25, 2013
And to get out of our solar system would require those precious minerals, and warp drives. Which take allot. Wooohooo. Space cowboy.
lol we're getting a a little carried away here xD. If this stuff ever gets added it'll be in the far future :(
You should always be risking life and limb to get diamonds. I still get excited when I see diamonds. I want to keep it that way.
Diamonds are so rare in caves. Maybe it's because all the caves in my world always curve back up above diamond level. You can easily strip mine for it though
I've got an idea on how to implement asteroids. You know that Solar System Map you have? How about every so often an asteroid will be seen on the map, as if it is just passing through the Solar System. You'd launch to the asteroid and mine it up all you want, but as soon as you leave it, it disappears from the map. I'd say about half the size of the End should fit just fine. Resources would probably range from Iron being relatively common to diamonds being fairly rare, and it's mostly made of stone, cobble, gravel, and ice.
Probably one spawns every MC week? I'd say that's fair.
Nice idea, instead of stone I'd say add a new block to substitute for it

concorde77

Aug 14, 2013
Actually, what if the recipe was modified differently. Instead of it requiring relatively cheap materials (like iron, copper, or tin) it would be made with the iron dropped by meteors. But, the cost to make a personal asteroid would have to be high enough (ex. 25 meteoric iron) to really be worth the ores and other materials found inside. Plus, why not add in many ores that you wouldn't find anywhere else (like unobtainium, helium 3, quantainium, etc.). Besides, meteors are already featured in the game, and they currently serve no purpose except to just fall out of the sky anyway.