Recent content by 7eggert

1. 7eggert

Keep my launchpad after lift-off

I never felt the need to explore a launch controller, but assumed it's for interdimensional transport.
  2. 7eggert

I can't find it in the config files (using grep -i).
  3. 7eggert

Extra Planets Tips & Secrets

Some quick info: I'm using MC 1.10.2 with rftools-dimensions and voxelmap for teleportation, enderio transceivers to have energy.. I don't think that matters. When logged off from on overworld and loading minecraft again, the astro miner in the asteroids didn't seem to do anything. The first...
  4. 7eggert

Extra Planets Tips & Secrets

You can boost the chunk range to the max, then recall it. That's how I found one astro miner … but I could not recall it since there now is a second one.
  5. 7eggert

Can mining Fluid Tank with Silk Touch?

If you're looking for that: Thermal Foundation/Expansion does have a magmatic florb, intended for hot fluids, so there should be a way to have an associated temperature. Also it's energized glowstone is a fluid flowing upwards. I don't mind having to drain a tank before breaking it, but if...
  6. 7eggert

Satellites

It's an idea yet to be implemented, and I'd rather think these mods would need to tap into a galacticraft API - or there would be a need of a more general API. You'd need a function to tell you: dimension x can send to dimension y for user u, communication type {chat, item, energy, fluid...
  7. 7eggert

Satellites

Satellites could be a requirement for inter-dimansional communication and transport. E.g. given an API, enderio could disable the dimensional transposer between moon and overworld unless you have sattelites on overworld and at least a dish on the moon or unless it's day on overworld and you have...
  8. 7eggert

I'd rather have a permanent launch pad on each site, too, even if that launchpad was more expensive to make. Also: If near the landing side there is a free launch pad, the rocket could land on that pad. Off cause you need to make sure nobody enters the danger zone and places a rocket while...
  9. 7eggert

/gcastrominer ping | /gcastrominer kill #id

Since the astrominers sometimes don't seem to return, you need a way to find them. Let them reply with where GC thinks they should be. If you also output the ID, admins might use that to delete them in case they are b0rken.
  10. 7eggert

Magnetic belt to attract items before they fly away

I'm using the QuantumFlux magnet for this purpose, it's one of the best magnets I encountered. It's possible to deactivate it with a hotkey. Magnets working slower are reported to cause lag when being abused as an enheanced inventory, but the QF magnet has a duplication bug with hoppers.
  11. 7eggert

Addon [1.7.10 - 1.12.2] Extra Planets *Updated 10/01/2021*

You do posts links to the requirements, but the links to the mod itself are missing. (Off cause there is the My Projects: HERE link). Also: The signature is hidden when I'm not logged in.
  12. 7eggert

Fuel Leaks

Maybe for some hard mode, but if you're creating a lot of bases or if you're playing a lot of other mods, that would not be nice.
  13. 7eggert

Maybe you can write Radiation and Pressure onto the background of the bars. E.g.: Where do I get Mercury? I assume to respawn instead, because higher tiers would protect me from radiation. I didn't have a chance to try it out, though, and Venus turned out to only mildly be too hot. OTOH I got...
  14. 7eggert

I'm thinking about reading a wiki, e.g. knowing about the need for a space suit on the moon before going there. After I went there, there were two unnamed bars, which by deactivating the mechanism could be identified as radiation and pressure. I was busy taking pressure damage in my base, where...
  15. 7eggert

Cargo Loader/Unloader speed upgrade

I've been using other mods with item transfers, e.g. enderio or opencomputers. Stack transactions are expensive, but transfering one item at a time is equally expensive. I've partially solved this by avoiding transfers: Instead of blindly trying to move m × n items from m slots to n slots, I'm...