Recent content by Galbi3000

1. G

How to build an easy and safe Airlock System(SSP-SMP Support)(UPDATED)

Today I made a video for another thread that shows me making a simple but elegant airlock using a computer from ComputerCraft to control the opening and closing of the airlock. It uses buttons and not levers so it can be opened from inside the station/habitat, from inside the airlock and from...
  2. G

How to build an easy and safe Airlock System(SSP-SMP Support)(UPDATED)

Also the repeaters are not needed to send the redstone signals into the controler blocks! :)
  3. G

How to make an airlock

Ok, here is my video of me creating a computer controlled airlock using just Galacticraft and ComputerCraft. The block layout looks a bit messy round the computer but that is needed to keep the 3 redstone dust trails separated. There might be a place or 2 that can be refined a little but this is...
  4. G

How to make an airlock

What I meant was I do not understand why you would want to place the controller like that. You can still place the other items either side when it's in the frame. I'll see what I can do for you, as a video, to use one computer controlling 2 doors using vanilla redstone circuits. Might also be...
  5. G

How to make an airlock

As an ex programmer, I love using ComputerCraft :) In the past I have used a ComputerCraft computer to control a hidden stairs secret entrance system. I created my own version of stairs that open up in the floor using vanilla redstone circuits then when I started using RedPower 2 I refined the...
  6. G

How to make an airlock

I can not see why you would want to place the controller in the middle like that, it just does not look right. Looks like a deliberate obstruction of the doorway :p Putting it in the frame keeps the doorway nice and neat :) Also, putting the controller in the middle makes it harder to control...
  7. G

How to make an airlock

Yes, RedPower 2 does work with ComputerCraft however RedPower 2 has not been updated since MC 1.4.7 :( Project: Red is a replacement for RedPower 2 for 1.6.2+. It has all the logic devices and wires of RedPower 2 as well as the volcanoes (which are configurable in the config to reduce...
  8. G

How to make an airlock

I had no trouble setting up my first airlock after the controller block was added. I even use Project: Red wires and a ComputerCraft computer to control the whole airlock! My airlocks are configured as: _FFF_ F___F F___F F___F _FFC_ The controller is in the bottom part of the frame so it's...
  9. G

Moon World Generation...

I see trees and plants on the moon too, I have Project: Red in my pack as well. I have not gone to Mars yet to be able to say if it does the same there or not :rolleyes: Surely this is a fault with the other mods though?
  10. G

Oxygen Sealer Feedback

I have a problem with the new oxygen system, I posted about it earlier (might have been better posted in the bugs section now I have had more time to look at the problem) http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/new-oxygen-seal-system-worse.2775/
  11. G

New oxygen seal system worse?

I tried that, did not work. I worked out that I have enough air production from my collectors by adding a few more into the same wheat growing area, they collect from 100 to 160 per collector so to be sure I am connecting 2 per sealer (which takes 160 max input). I have so far connected 13...
  12. G

Block ID 10136 missing

I had the same message on my single player map but not on my multiplayer server map! (And yes, I did watch for the message on the server output, not the client). Does not seem to cause any issues as far as I can see from my server map (which has more Galacticraft stuff in it than the single...
  13. G

New oxygen seal system worse?

Hi, I created a space station using version 2.0.4.862 and it sealed fine using 4 sealers, though it was able to use less, I added 4 for possible expansion. Now I have upgraded to 2.0.6.895 and the station fails to seal. :( It seams the new sealing method only seals smaller areas! Now I have to...
  14. G

Oxygen!

Almost right :P I could get all scientific but basically a plant uses, carbon dioxide, water and light to produce sugars for storing energy using photosynthesis. The oxygen a plant produces is actually from excess oxygen in the water used, not the carbon dioxide :) Having said that, Minecraft...