Recent content by orobouros

1. O

Can't get Air Lock working in Overworld, AT ALL

Sure. Last line of this entry: http://galacticraft.wikia.com/wiki/Airlock Er, but note, unless this has changed post 2.0 or 2.1, my experience is that the max size is most definitely not 8x8 as that states, if door area is what's counting. I could not get anything larger than 9x3 to work.
  2. O

Smarter evolved mobs

Well thanks! I also forgot one: Endermen. These should appear on every planet, moon, asteroid, AND space stations if they're dark, roomy enough, etc. Like Time Lords, they teleport all over, you know. They shouldn't need O2 gear, not just because of the asteroid appearance of The End (you...
  3. O

Abandoned space stations and satellites

I built the Big Reactor in that world to power the Laser at maximum speed... and below sea level (I was a little nooby), so it needed something like 50k RF/t all on its own. That reactor took over my world and I got kind of sick of it. Poor planning on my part, failure to read up on the laser...
  4. O

what mods do you use most with Galacticraft and why ?

I'm going to rephrase this as "mods I wouldn't consider using Galacticraft without" or "mods without which Galacticraft space travel would be too difficult or annoying": Any industrial mod for compatible power, per personal preference (Big Reactors, Atomic Science, etc.) Modular Powersuits...
  5. O

I powered my first Mining Laser with a Big Reactor. Yeesh, did that finally live up to the damned mod's name. I did not have a lot of fun demolishing 3/4 of my base to expand it both vertically and horizontally in two directions until it produced (barely) enough RF, even with very difficult to...
  6. O

Sigh. I finally found the reason(s). Somehow, I was butting up against the max size. The only reference I can find (on a 3rd-party wiki no less, not this site) lists an 8x8 max size (which would be 64 blocks of "door" inside the frame). My 10x3 door only had 30, but apparently 30 blocks is...
  7. O

That's sort of the point. Any reason you manufacture is much more easily, cheaply, or just better done without a space station. The mining laser is difficult enough to afford and power without adding the challenge of sticking it in another dimension. What I'm trying to say is that most common...
  8. O

Smarter evolved mobs

Well, this is the newest thread on the subject of mobs, and the sticky says avoid making new topics. Apparently necromancy is encouraged here; I find that unusual but not otherwise a problem. Maybe this is best done one mob at a time: Zombies. A re-skin would be nice, but not necessary. A...
  9. O

I concur. In fact, I see 2 problems with the Space Stations as they are: Not only is there no real reason to build one, nothing you can't accomplish easier and earlier without one, but you kind of have to go to the Moon first to build a station that makes sense, since you won't have Air Locks...
  10. O

Oxygen sealer Custom Id's NOT WORKING.

On the off chance you never solved this, and still care, I sussed this out myself recently. You can add custom IDs for other mods' blocks, and for other mods' transparent blocks. This works for other types of glass, for example. It may or may not work for Carpenters Blocks in their "naked"...
  11. O

I'm not a noob. I have a moonbase and a mars base with functioning airlocks of different sizes. I decided I wanted a large door in my overworld base and pistons didn't suit. I'm playing new Tekkit (Minecraft 1.6.4, GC 2.0 or 2.1 or something like that). I CANNOT get an air lock controller to...