Recent content by Space Viking

1. S

Rayguns

Well, then why even bother with real-world inspired rocketry in the first place when a much more simple portal system could have been employed? :p There's nothing wrong with respecting science. Nor did anyone here actually state there was anything wrong with a sci-fi gag. ;)
  2. S

Barycenters for stars

I would wish for the concept to not just limited to stars. Aside from star systems, binary systems also occurs as double planets and even celestial bodies that don't class as ones, like for example the Pluto-Charon system. Infact, the barycenter can even occur outside in space between stars and...
  3. S

Rayguns

With real-life "freeze rays" it would be about micromanaging atoms with a laser that via photons punts atoms into a more-or-less still state. It's useful for scientific experiments with a dozen of atoms already in a supercold state and contained in a controlled environment, but less so for field...
  4. S

Sound should be audible in air-filled ambients

... This should have totally been a real addon for MinecraftEdu:
  5. S

Thermal protection in sealed buildings

In order to cool something down you need to transfer its heat away, which is done by radiators. Albeit the concept of how to factor the heat buildup requiring dissipation from the oxygen sealer sounds a bit complicated. Nevertheless, given that I do textures I'd like to offer an alternate...
  6. S

Realistic rocket fuel

One reasonable concept that would only need some minor changes could be assuming early rocket technology as either thermal or monopropellant. All that's needed is some creative application of the various forms of unobtanium found in the world of Minecraft. A thermal rocket would be...
  7. S

Lander de-spawned with my rocket and landing pad in it.

Except from I've not experienced any stripped ability of accessing the lander's UI, it can perform abnormal behavior involving clipping issues and its thruster-FX triggering when it has supposedly landed. There are two ways I know of how to replicate this: Once the lander is within its...
  8. S

LookingGlass Integration for galaxy menu

It's like awkwardly proposing a thing but won't explain what the nature behind it is. I honestly think the OP could put some effort into the subject. Right now there already is an excellent proof-of-concept on planetary mapping rendered by the Display Screen that grants the player a world preview.
  9. S

Ideas for what should be added to mars

I was thinking of this line written in the OP though: "Phobos and Deimos-In the sky you can see the two asteroid moons of mars, but maybe with a tier 3 rocket, you could visit them..." I'd imagine the Tier 1 rocket could be capable of delivering a user anywhere within a local system of moons...
  10. S

Pipedream: Space station dimension working as the Nether

Oversynchronous orbit Overscience Overgraphy Overlogy etc. This scientific study about the Overworld is sounding pretty catchy lol Isn't the ISS's orbital period approximately 92,5 minutes? When I discussed about it regarding future development, it was considered a bit on the extreme having a...
  11. S

Mercury - Two (or more!) sides

That Mercury is rotation locked to the Sun is actually an old misconception that has existed since the late 18th century. It wasn't until the early Space Age in the 60ths when radar-based temperature scans confirmed that to not be the case. In reality Mercury has a particular 3:2 spin-orbit...
  12. S

Pipedream: Space station dimension working as the Nether

Oh, I overlooked this. I'm remembering the idea of potentially extracting seed data that could be applied to some possible areas of use. It would be cool in many ways indeed. The two examples I know that can generate imagery of a specific seed is WorldPainter and AMIDST, but of course, those...
  13. S

Sorry, I'm busy with other things right now. But keep up with what you guys are doing at the...

Sorry, I'm busy with other things right now. But keep up with what you guys are doing at the forums. Continue practicing and be on the look for new ways of improving your own creative abilities.
  14. S

Videos for Galacticraft Wiki: What do you think?

Fair enough. I wasn't expecting you to get famous and rack in those millions anyway. So far so good. Assuming you are in favor of attracting more public interest, then that is essentially a great step in letting what is your very own personality represent your videos. I sure can't think of any...
  15. S

April Fool's Day: Go to the Galacticraft Moon with Portal Gun

Well, that's once way of terraforming the Moon. It's just too bad it comes at the expense of your homeworld's atmosphere. :P Though thinking of it, It could make a pretty powerful spacecraft propulsion if the portalgun works on gas giants...