Add Stargate mod

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
ive been messing with the stargate mod and after you place one on a planet or on your space station and dial its address it connects from anywhere else in galactic craft. its a way faster way to move supplies around but its still dangerous. (I have not tested this) but apparently if it has power or is activated an a piece is destroyed. it creates a huge explosion

UPDATE: ive tested the explosion thing and the explosion only happens when its active and a block is destroyed and is the equivalent of about 3-5 blocks of tnt

Last edited:

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
okayt I went to mars and it couldn't connect to the mars dimension but it does connect to your space station so far. im going to test the moon in a second. if you try on mars it will crash your game

Update: does not reach moon. im not sure if theres a simple change that can be made to make it able to reach these dimensions but it is a quick way to get to your space station and back without using rocket fuel or the time for the rocket to take off

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
im not saying to he has to add it its just a suggestion. I would rather have this because 1. im more tech oriented not magic or stuff like that 2. you only need one gate to reach all the others. all you have to do is put in their address. 3. don't have to carry anything around to activate them. the control panel sits in front of the gate.

its all a matter of opinion. if it could be made to work with the moon and mars that would be awesome. its all up to the individual player if they want to use it or not.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
im not saying to he has to add it its just a suggestion. I would rather have this because 1. im more tech oriented not magic or stuff like that 2. you only need one gate to reach all the others. all you have to do is put in their address. 3. don't have to carry anything around to activate them. the control panel sits in front of the gate.

its all a matter of opinion. if it could be made to work with the moon and mars that would be awesome. its all up to the individual player if they want to use it or not.

yeah and as I've pointed out in other threads that have mentioned it, no he shouldn't. There's already at least two Stargate mods and tons of others that give various forms of teleportation. If you want Stargates, then add the Stargate mod. Stargates are not what this mod is about.

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
all im saying is that its an option for the more technology based people. no he doesn't have to add it. and yes we can get it on our own im just throwing an idea out there that is cool and would be useful for servers maybe or moving large groups of people at once on a lan server. no galactic craft isn't about stargates its about exploring the planets and building amazing structures on the different planets we go to and just plain having fun with it. im just throwing out an idea that doesn't require you to carry anything just a small amount of fuel and to type in an address.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
No. It's not a good idea. IT'S A ROCKET SHIP MOD.

If you want Stargates, then add the STARGATE MOD. Adding Stargates to Galacticraft isn't a good idea and it will never be a good idea because:

1. It's been done before. There are already two other Stargate mods.
2. It would invalidate the whole point of the mod, which is the ROCKETS.

Every reason you give for wanting to Mitch to add Stargates can be answered with four simple words: Add The Stargate mod!

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa

If you want Stargates, then add the STARGATE MOD. Adding Stargates to Galacticraft isn't a good idea and it will never be a good idea because:

Every reason you give for wanting to Mitch to add Stargates can be answered with four simple words: Add The Stargate mod!

i agree.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom

I totally agree!
Stargates have nothing to do with Galacticraft!

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
they have everything to do with galacticraft!
The FAQ of misery:
Q: What do Stargates have to do with Galacticraft
A: Nothing
---------------
Q: I WANT STARGATES YOU FRICKIN BEAST THEY HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH GALACTICRAFT NOMNOMGSVNSJKGRKS
A: First of all, that's not a question, second: Stargates are not planets nor rockets nor anything close. They are portals.
Third: There's already a mod for Stargates. Fourth: It's true. Google it or something
---------------
Q: What if Micdoodle adds stargates to galacticraft?
A: I ain't care
---------------
More coming soon ;D