Water worlds? Submarines to explore them? (and Europa)

LegoRobot

Oct 11, 2013
Europa is known to have an ocean between 30 and 60 miles deep under the ice. This would be an excellent addition for people who like to build underwater bases but cannot find oceans deep enough to make them truly huge on Earth.

The surface would be ice, with snow mountains (and constant snow falling everywhere) while the ocean underneath would be around 100 units deep, with a sand, clay and gravel seafloor.

The best additions for this would be making the space suit work properly underwater, and a small 3x3x3 one man submersible which can be driven like a boat. This would afford a practical way to explore and to move between underwater colonies built either on the seafloor, hanging from the ice overhead or hovering neutrally buoyant between the two like a space station.

To simplify life support this planet should have breathable air. This way you don't need the goofy life support machinery creating giant air spheres underwater. Because of how they're built, underwater structures already cleanly hold air inside and water outside. An ice moon with breathable air on the surface is unrealistic but so is Minecraft in many ways.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Would be really interesting to have a planet that's actually heavily based on water. And hey, it's not a planet 100% of water!

Europa would really seem a great planet to explore, both Overworld and Ocean alike being colonizable. Though, the only real aspect of the underwater thing would be that you get to swim and you're not too bound to gravity. Plus, there's the light problem.

But other than that, I love this idea.

Mar 4, 2013
Canada (duuh!)
Constant snow falling makes no sense. Europa has no atmosphere, so no weather of any kind. But i would certainly like Europa added in. The water underneath the ice could have aggressive mobs, such as an evolved squid, which could be much larger, faster, and have more tentacles than an Overworld squid. This would also make a very interesting boss. :)

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
for the surface, there would be packed ice, and ice, and for the ocean floor, a slightly gray-ish blue type of dirt

I had another idea, Europa has molecular oxygen on its surface, not normal O2 though, so to breath it you need an oxygen amplifier, instead of O2 tanks, it just turns molecular oxygen into normal air, so you don't have to have oxygen tanks and gear

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OpelSpeedster

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Constant snow falling makes no sense. Europa has no atmosphere, so no weather of any kind. But i would certainly like Europa added in. The water underneath the ice could have aggressive mobs, such as an evolved squid, which could be much larger, faster, and have more tentacles than an Overworld squid. This would also make a very interesting boss. :)

Do Squids really have to be agressive? I think a completely mutated alien Octopus would do better.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
For an underwater base on Europa, I think a regular Oxygen Sealer should work just alright. The water would infact help keeping your base sealed incase of a leak (rather than suddenly having the entire installation depressurized). Also, with all that water around you, the player could potentially achieve oxygen production through electrolysis.

If possible hostile mobs would be squids/octopuses, then I guess the world boss would be something like the kraken? I'd imagine the dungeon would be more of a natural cave found somewhere around on the seafloor, featuring (but not exclusively) litters of egg sacs and some kind of bioluminescent flora.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Peaceful. It's an animal. It eats to survive. If you were its food, you wouldn't find it so peaceful. And since they are my food, I don't believe they find me too peaceful. As with most animals they don't generally attack just to attack however. Unless threatened.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Peaceful. It's an animal. It eats to survive. If you were its food, you wouldn't find it so peaceful. And since they are my food, I don't believe they find me too peaceful. As with most animals they don't generally attack just to attack however. Unless threatened.

Well, that makes sense.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I'd rather have it possess an unique name.
Kraken.

(And they to be passive. :p)

Release_the_Kraken_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

Quite passive.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
No, its the worst nightmare of SkyDoesMinecraft

Lol, makes sense. I can alterady sense that thing eating Sky in his nightmare... (sorry, I love vore. Except when I'm the prey. :p)

Now that you talk about it, I wish I could see Sky's reaction if Europa was added in the mod and Sky made a mod showcase about it, and found a hostile evolved Squid that attacked and nearly killed him(in Minecraft. I don't hate Sky nor I am cruel enough to wish to see him die in real life).

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Lol, makes sense. I can alterady sense that thing eating Sky in his nightmare... (sorry, I love vore. Except when I'm the prey. :p)

Now that you talk about it, I wish I could see Sky's reaction if Europa was added in the mod and Sky made a mod showcase about it, and found a hostile evolved Squid that attacked and nearly killed him(in Minecraft. I don't hate Sky nor I am cruel enough to wish to see him die in real life).

you totally should check your RolePlay Thread again, you missed a tiny little chat..^_^^

Nacho99

Jul 15, 2013
yes, a Yellow Submarine, we all live in a Yelow Submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine, I hope you had listen that song, (Yellow Sumarine) and it can be a type of submarines