Galacticraft to Import world instead of Mystcraft

Oyster

Nov 18, 2013
So, i have a vanilla server. I decided to start up a forge server with Galacticraft, Mystcraft, SGCraft and many other mods and of course, a fresh world. Now that I've really enjoyed the new server, it dawned on me that i don't have to retire the old, vanilla one and loose everything we've built. i can just add the world as a Mystcraft age. This works great, i can have stargates to go between the two worlds and everything.

BUT what would be better is if instead of the vanilla world being imported as a Mystcraft age, what if it was imported as a Galacticraft planet? is this possible? does anyone have any code for a vanilla-like planet addon that way i could generate the planet and just copy the region files?

There's obviously a lot more to this than the Mystcraft option, but i like the idea better. I'd rather fly there than take a stargate there anyway, I'll just worry about using a stargate if they are compatible with galacticraft planets in the future. Anyway, the world has a border and is fully generated so getting the right generator or seed isnt an issue really as much as the environment, atmosphere, weather, etc.

Oyster

Nov 18, 2013
Thats just it, i'd like to keep the moon if possible. create a new planet so that theres moon, mars and this new world. Anyway, if i were to replace the moon, how does galacticraft handle atmosphere? surely its not in the region files? so wouldnt that mean that i'd have a vanilla world without oxygen? or am i misunderstanding this? wouldnt be the first time...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Thats just it, i'd like to keep the moon if possible. create a new planet so that theres moon, mars and this new world. Anyway, if i were to replace the moon, how does galacticraft handle atmosphere? surely its not in the region files? so wouldnt that mean that i'd have a vanilla world without oxygen? or am i misunderstanding this? wouldnt be the first time...

I know what you mean. I was wondering what would happen. I might make a copy of my instance and try it.

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
you know.. what i don't like about mystcraft and galacticraft together? with mystcraft you can teleport between planets, what i don't like because the rocket is not needed anymore.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
you know.. what i don't like about mystcraft and galacticraft together? with mystcraft you can teleport between planets, what i don't like because the rocket is not needed anymore.

You can still use the rockets if you want. You can use myscraft for other things. Just because you have both doesn't mean you have to use both for everything.

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
You can still use the rockets if you want. You can use myscraft for other things. Just because you have both doesn't mean you have to use both for everything.
some people do use both to teleport from planet to planet, only that is a thing i don't like about GC and mystcraft together.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
some people do use both to teleport from planet to planet, only that is a thing i don't like about GC and mystcraft together.

Some people do some people don't. What others do or don't doesn't affect me. If you're playing on a server, it's up to the server admins to decide whether it's allowed or not.

Either way it's off-topic.