new forum: Experiences

Nacho99

Jul 15, 2013
There all the people with experience in the Mod will write theirs binnacles and there the people without enough experience will find help.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
When I first went into a Moon dungeon I wasn't having too much difficulty fending off mobs, but they respawned so fast it was hard to make any forward progress. I found it very useful to make a barricade accross the width of the hallway and as soon as there was a break I would run forward and build another one. That way you can prevent mobs from forcing you to retreat and lose the ground you fought so hard to gain. It's almost like a self-built checkpoint so even if you die, the barricade is still in place and you can pick up right back where you left off.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Well I guess not. It is difficult to understand what you were asking for. I thought you wanted people to share experiences they had to help beginners so I shared. It could help someone who is really green at Galacticraft, but I guess it wasn't the kind of story you wanted.

What kind of "binnacle" (I'm guessing you mean guide or tip) are you looking for exactly?

Last edited:

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Completely unrelated, but i think it's going to give you a lot of questions... (micdoodle8 tweeted this as a side project)
QVRZyuF.png

Doghead

Nov 19, 2013
Just as another aside, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'binnacles', but I -am- certain you're mistaken as to what it means as there is no way I can think of that a compass housing makes sense here.

What was that saying, 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Completely unrelated, but i think it's going to give you a lot of questions... (micdoodle8 tweeted this as a side project)

Yeah I wonder what that was about.

Just as another aside, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'binnacles', but I -am- certain you're mistaken as to what it means as there is no way I can think of that a compass housing makes sense here.

What was that saying, 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'

Yeah I thought the same thing. I figured he must've meant a guide. Translation fail.

'Inconceivable!'

Reactions: Nacho99

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Yeah I wonder what that was about.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I figured he must've meant a guide. Translation fail.

'Inconceivable!'
Micdoodle8 said that it's a part of an obj. loader, or what you can do with it, however it came form an OpenGL engine he made...

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Oh, I just meant I wonder if he's planning on using it for something in particular. I don't know jack about programming or anything so I don't know exactly what object loaders are used for so I didn't know if it was just for fun or if it's going to be used for something he has in mind.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Oh, I just meant I wonder if he's planning on using it for something in particular. I don't know jack about programming or anything so I don't know exactly what object loaders are used for so I didn't know if it was just for fun or if it's going to be used for something he has in mind.
I actually do either :p