What's with people constantly posting polls?

If you read this you're stupid.

• No I'm not smart.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If brains were gas, I wouldn't have enough to power an ant's motorcycle around a penny.

• Me? Smrt?

• Vote yes if you love this idea!!!!!!!!!!

• Total voters

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I really don't understand why almost every single thread has some sort of useless poll with most of the answers just some variation of the previous option or don't allow the voter to disagree with the poll/thread.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Yeah a lot of threads have polls that don't really affect the thread much or don't even make sense due to the options like you explained, but they don't really do any harm either. I vote in some, but just bypass most.

I don't see the point. Why post a poll just because you can. The whole "Do you agree or not?" thing is the whole point of the forums, so polls on like 9/10 of the threads here are unnecessary. They harm in the sense that people constantly misusing something is annoying.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I don't see the point. Why post a poll just because you can. The whole "Do you agree or not?" thing is the whole point of the forums, so polls on like 9/10 of the threads here are unnecessary. They harm in the sense that people constantly misusing something is annoying.

Oh no, I agree. Nearly all of them are pointless because like you said, why not just discuss your opinions since you are going to anyway even if you vote on a poll. I just mean I hardly notice them now because they are typically fruitless and I'd rather just explain myself compared to the forced options in said poll.

You're right. Polls should be used to tally the votes between a set of options for a constructive gain, not to pick between "1) This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever thought of", or "2) I don't like it because I'm a dumb face" as seems to be the case many times.

Quite often the choices are a bit ridiculous, but even then, meh, I don't let it bother me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoltonMontro

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Oh no, I agree. Nearly all of them are pointless because like you said, why not just discuss your opinions since you are going to anyway even if you vote on a poll. I just mean I hardly notice them now because they are typically fruitless and I'd rather just explain myself compared to the forced options in said poll.

You're right. Polls should be used to tally the votes between a set of options for a constructive gain, not to pick between "1) This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever thought of", or "2) I don't like it because I'm a dumb face" as seems to be the case many times.

Quite often the choices are a bit ridiculous, but even then, meh, I don't let it bother me.

Probably wouldn't bother me as much if they weren't the first thing you see when you click on a thread.

need2

Dec 5, 2013
You have to pick your battles with forums. I know from experience that excessive poll creation is the least of your worries when managing a forum.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
You have to pick your battles with forums. I know from experience that excessive poll creation is the least of your worries when managing a forum.

I'm not battling anything. I just brought up a point by asking a question in a slightly humorous way with a poll of my own. Maybe some people will see the thread and stop making polls in their own threads for absolutely no reason.