Compressors not using Charcoal

Tibarcat

Oct 20, 2013
Ok, so making compressed steel requires coal, however charcoal will not work in its place. You can use it to fuel the compressor, but not as an ingredient in the making of it. Any chance we can get it added for use, would be a lot easier than having to hunt coal.

Aug 26, 2013
Haveing to find dozens of coal for a ingle piece of steel is unlovely. I remember I have suggested new recipes for Basic Components at Calclavia.

Last edited:

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Actually steel is made by adding trace amounts of carbon to iron so it makes sense that coal is crafted with iron to make it. I would say that less coal should probably be required, but it should be coal nonetheless.

As far as using charcoal, like livid said typical charcoal contains ash and other impurities since it is derived from burned trees (in Minecraft) so it wouldn't make for a good ingredient to add to iron when trying to make steel.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Actually steel is made by adding trace amounts of carbon to iron so it makes sense that coal is crafted with iron to make it. I would say that less coal should probably be required, but it should be coal nonetheless.

As far as using charcoal, like livid said typical charcoal contains ash and other impurities since it is derived from burned trees (in Minecraft) so it wouldn't make for a good ingredient to add to iron when trying to make steel.
I have paper and leather burnt to a crisp to make my charcoal. :D I call this invention "book 'shelf' burning."