huge list of ideas (I warned you)

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
why? this mod is meant to be semi-realistic and i like gliese-581

Semi-realistic? Why? Because the mod just happens to have planets with the same names as places we know? I don't remember Mitch every mentioning that the mod was meant to be semi realistic.

Also the people at Gliese-581 probably call their own planet something else and that would overwrite the name we give it, so Mitch could make up what ever names he wants really.

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
So you don't want to make it like KSP, but you want to make it like KSP? There's already been long debates about this, and word from the top is that it's not possible. I don't know if Mitch would want to do it even if it were possible though. Minecraft is more of a casual game. The game and it's mods simplicity are what attract people. An over complication like this would just turn people away from the mod, and IMO doesn't really fit in with Minecraft anyways,

That being said, I think the rocket animations are really good. If Mitch wanted to add a kind of 'tearing through the air' animation and sound to the rockets when launching from the overworld, I wouldn't be against it.
people who don't like it don't have to use it plus people are calling this a mix between minecraft and kerbal space program imagine how much the fanbase of this mod would increase if it looked inviting to all those ksp fans out there it was just an idea spaceflight isn't exactly easy and I believe players would feel even more pride then they do now if they made it to space if realistic physics were incorporated and I understand that it might not be possible to do it in minecraft that's why its called an idea and I really want it to be like ksp I have dreams about it :D

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Semi-realistic? Why? Because the mod just happens to have planets with the same names as places we know? I don't remember Mitch every mentioning that the mod was meant to be semi realistic.

Also the people at Gliese-581 probably call their own planet something else and that would overwrite the name we give it, so Mitch could make up what ever names he wants really.
you siaid it lol.

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
So you don't want to make it like KSP, but you want to make it like KSP? There's already been long debates about this, and word from the top is that it's not possible. I don't know if Mitch would want to do it even if it were possible though. Minecraft is more of a casual game. The game and it's mods simplicity are what attract people. An over complication like this would just turn people away from the mod, and IMO doesn't really fit in with Minecraft anyways,

That being said, I think the rocket animations are really good. If Mitch wanted to add a kind of 'tearing through the air' animation and sound to the rockets when launching from the overworld, I wouldn't be against it.
also I would like to point out flans mods and all its user created content packs not a simple mod at all in fact incredibly complicated, also you guys have made it a very complicated and rewarding task to explore space in this mod and I admire that im just asking if its possible to also make that experience more real but sorry ill drop it I guess that's not what your going for maybe someone else will do it one day