Mars Future

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Now if we think about the overworld theres the end

but what about mars...
ok heres my idea making industrial that will make mars hoter after 1 marsian year the water will start to apper and marsian clouds will explodes rain after years and after we can but almost 100 trees u can breathe because trees making carbon dioxide to oxygen and after that u will have planet that have oxygen and water and I think it should be like that
mars01.jpg

or that
marsterra_chryse1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ender

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013

but what about mars...
ok heres my idea making industrial that will make mars hoter after 1 marsian year the water will start to apper and marsian clouds will explodes rain after years and after we can but almost 100 trees u can breathe because trees making carbon dioxide to oxygen and after that u will have planet that have oxygen and water and I think it should be like that
mars01.jpg

or that
marsterra_chryse1.jpg
Well that escalated quickly.
There is nothing here hihi

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
I like the idea but considering it would take thousands of years to do something like this(colonize mars I mean but coding could take that long too :D) its not realistic, but cool I like the idea, however wouldn't it be more plausible too add another habitable world maybe not directly in the minecraftian system but maybe another system *cough Pandora cough*.

Aug 26, 2013
Makeing a planet to your own by planting trees ect. and spending hours of gameplay to make it fine for you is minecraft style, so good idea! (but still I do not support it )

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013

but what about mars...
mars01.jpg

or that
marsterra_chryse1.jpg
Hmmmm
You know?
NO.jpg

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
problems with this (in reality) number 1: mars is not large enough to maintain a heated core and semi solid mantle and liquid inner core a giant impact in the past liquefied the inside (and outside for a duration of time) it eventually went solid along with the crust because its just too cold and if you think adding carbon dioxide would work think again the size of mars also only allows it to maintain a thin atmosphere if you increased the atmosphere density eventually all of the gasses in the atmosphere would bleed off into space and you would be back with the thin atmosphere of co2 mars had before, however mars could possibly be terraformed by slamming large meteors into the surface and increasing its mass then the pressure inside the planet would increase along with the temperature you would get volcanism which would spew co2 into the atmosphere making it warmer you could start growing plants like moss then when the magnetic field forms you could grow more complex plants then when the ozone layer forms even more complex plants, but this process would take tens of thousands of years to complete even with asteroids and the size of mars would have to be larger than earth to get that pressure you need near the core so all in all a daunting task but galacticraft is not realistic so do as you wish I guess

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
Minecraft is a game not reality. Argument is moot.

To the OP, Doesn't the terraformer already do this?
you took one line from my post and said "minecraft is not a game of reality point is moot" did you even read the rest of my post I wasn't posting this too say "oh it should be like this" I was posting it for purely educational purposes as I said "do with it as you wish" anyone with common sense would be able to figure that one out that is if they read the whole thing and the terraformer does not do the whole planet it just does a small area....

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Makes me think of a carbon emission mod I once saw for Minecraft. It's a pretty interesting idea the atmosphere can be polluted through burning materials or respectively restored by planting trees. However, such a mod got to be a nightmare on an open multiplayer server.

Over to the topic, I don't know about terraforming on a global scale. Would that necessarily be in favor of gameplay?

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
Galacticraft =/= Terafirmacraft, so I don't see your point. Two completely different purposes to the mods.
im saying you can add a degree of realism to survival its been proven by terrafirmacraft your saying minecraft is a not a game about reality point is moot what.. so your saying all mods must be unrealistic look at terrafirmacraft it adds a large degree of realism to minecraft it completely overhauls the game im saying galacticraft could work like that too its been proven by the terrafirmacraft developers you can do a lot with minecraft if you take your time they added seasons a calender and completely overhauled the games physics.