Mars Future

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
im saying you can add a degree of realism to survival its been proven by terrafirmacraft your saying minecraft is a not a game about reality point is moot what.. so your saying all mods must be unrealistic look at terrafirmacraft it adds a large degree of realism to minecraft it completely overhauls the game im saying galacticraft could work like that too its been proven by the terrafirmacraft developers you can do a lot with minecraft if you take your time they added seasons a calender and completely overhauled the games physics.

So to you 'realistic' terraforming is adding 100 trees and then magically the planet is eventually terraformed? The more realistic way of terraforming is to use the current terraformers to change small patches of the planet at a time. Use multiple terraformers to change more patches at a time.

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
So to you 'realistic' terraforming is adding 100 trees and then magically the planet is eventually terraformed? The more realistic way of terraforming is to use the current terraformers to change small patches of the planet at a time. Use multiple terraformers to change more patches at a time.
no im saying if you really wanted to terraform it would require doing the whole planet not small chunks that is if you wanted to do it on open turf otherwise you would need contained bases its not that hard to make players have to use contained bases instead of doing it in open air the oxygen sealer already does that so make a terraformer seal off a contained environment where plants can grow f.y.i it would take way more than 100 trees to produce enough oxygen also it would take a lot more than just trees

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
no im saying if you really wanted to terraform it would require doing the whole planet not small chunks that is if you wanted to do it on open turf otherwise you would need contained bases its not that hard to make players have to use contained bases instead of doing it in open air the oxygen sealer already does that so make a terraformer seal off a contained environment where plants can grow f.y.i it would take way more than 100 trees to produce enough oxygen also it would take a lot more than just trees

You can't just plant trees on mars and expect them to grow let alone terraform a planet.

If and when we get to terraforming planets in real life, it's probably never going to be whole planets at a time. It's just not feasable. Terraforming is going to happen in small patches that will be expanted as need arises. Maybe in the very distant future it could be done on a planetary scale, but by then it'll probably be far easier and efficient to just find an already habitable planet to colonize instead.

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014
You can't just plant trees on mars and expect them to grow let alone terraform a planet.

If and when we get to terraforming planets in real life, it's probably never going to be whole planets at a time. It's just not feasable. Terraforming is going to happen in small patches that will be expanted as need arises. Maybe in the very distant future it could be done on a planetary scale, but by then it'll probably be far easier and efficient to just find an already habitable planet to colonize instead.
never said they would grow magically in open air if you read myt entire post you would understand i said that the planet would need to be heated up first either by making large amounts of greenhouse gas producing facilities on the surface and pumping methane into the atmosphere or dropping hydrogen bombs on the surface this would melt any water ice on the surface and reliquify the core over an extended amount of time which would create a magnetic field and shield any plants in open air from solar radiation then yes your right plants would grow in open air and since carbon dioxide is needed for them to produce food they would have plenty of it cause thats what the martian atmosphere is made of they would begin pumping oxygen into the atmosphere and like i said over hundreds of years the planet would be come habitable and again it looks like you didnt read my whole post i said you couldnt just terraform chunks of open air on mars you would need a contained environment otherwise the oxygen and plants would die and the oxygen escape into the environment so why not make the terraformer seal an area thats habitable off like the oxygen sealer cause making a bubble in open air regardless of what kind of realism is implemented is ridiculous

noobsrtoast

Jan 5, 2014

also i never said it would be instant yes it would take time to terraform all the reason more to add it players would enjoy the challenge it would keep players coming back and they would feel accomplished once it was all finished like how they feel when they finally craft the tier 1 rocket but amplified 100x