Ideas for galacticraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
"Like those ones." You could have at least thought of more original examples instead of your examples being from another game. It one, makes a ton of people hate you for such a thing, and 2, makes you sound like this mod is something that it isn't. I agree with Dex, you want aliens like those, even just 1 or 2, go play X-COM. ;D, I like X-COM) You can't see this!

Thanks for supporting my idea. How cool would it be if you, say, built a pre-designed ship which would fly around space and allow you to go out in a space suit and mine asteriods, explore abandoned space ships/ stations and would launch you in a drop pod (EG: HEV pods from Halo) onto the surface of planets?

Well, I wouldn't like Halo, but... dear lord another god in this world!

IT'D BE EPIC!

SINCE MIC SAID NO TO ALL THAT EPIC STUFF, EVEN THOUGH LOADS OF PEOPLE WANT IT (EPIC STUFF) WHY CAN'T WE ASSEMBLE A CODING TEAM AND MAKE IT! MAKE GC WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN! *crying tears of joy, holds sword in hand up, wearing shining armour and facing into the light (can you see the image in my mind?)*

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
I just thought it would be cool in minecraft. Sorry.
The airlock doors are for use with the oxygen sealer, which seals a small area with oxygen. Though the bubble distributor has a bigger range, the airtight seal that the sealer provides gives a more earth-like oxygen area, but it can only seal in rooms enclosed COMPLETELY in sealable blocks (tin blocks are most commonly used, but it can be most solid blocks, but not transparent blocks like stairs, slabs, doors or glass. The airlock comes into play here as a cool redstone activated door that is sealable and can be used in "decompression" rooms serving as a path between the air sealed and open space

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
yeah i know. It would be cool if there were those aliens in though. Maybe even just one or two.
Also, the infamous alien and predator actually come from the older movies Alien and Predator respectively, they are good movies minding the fact that they used what was state of the arc technology for their time a few decades ago, it really bothers me that everyone associates them with the movie AVP, also if you are looking for those aliens, then there is the OreSpawn mod that adds them and more (I forget if they taken out predator or not)

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
The airlock doors are for use with the oxygen sealer, which seals a small area with oxygen. Though the bubble distributor has a bigger range, the airtight seal that the sealer provides gives a more earth-like oxygen area, but it can only seal in rooms enclosed COMPLETELY in sealable blocks (tin blocks are most commonly used, but it can be most solid blocks, but not transparent blocks like stairs, slabs, doors or glass. The airlock comes into play here as a cool redstone activated door that is sealable and can be used in "decompression" rooms serving as a path between the air sealed and open space
Correct, except glass does seal. Just in case someone wants to use it.

IceClimber11

Aug 30, 2013
The Matrix
www.IceClimber11.tk
My ideas for Galacticraft
Pre-designed spaceships that at like space-stations. Above planets it would say "Build spaceship in orbit" above (or below) the "build a space station" button and you could go into an editing mode (kind of like the one in starmade or whatever), where you would use the items in your inventory to create a pre-designed space ship or a space ship of your design. Ideas for it are:
  1. A flip thing like a mirror that would clone the side of the ship you are building (Provided you have the materials). It would not include small things like the hibernation chambers, chests or anything that hasn't been specified. Those must be placed separately
  2. Engines which can power it towards wherever it is specified. They must have an engine room.
  3. Controls which you can use to fly your ship in real-time or fast travel to the destination. Life support, communications, shields, weapons and hull plating are needed for ships.
Also there should be loads of aliens from different games, such as halo, xcom enemy unknown/within, Aliens v.s. Predators, etc
There should be randomly generated worlds with different biomes and possibly a civilization.
New weapons, such as plasma weapons from halo and xcom, Mass-drivers from halo and more.
New elements such as Elerium, Meld, Titanium and more.
New Vehicles like Warthogs, Scorpions, Skyrangers, UFOs and more.
Crew are required for ships. You must hire them and also hire specific ones that look after critical systems. They can be from 100s of different species (as long as you are friendly with that species). More are required for bigger ships.
Base raiding and ship boarding to add more fun and rewards.
Motherships with hundreds of weapons. Each species has a different one.
Jaegers and Kaijus from pacific rim, including many of the ones from the films and your own custom models, each with addons like plamsa cannons, swords and more.
Warp Cores to allow really fast travel.
Elysium Weapons, vehicles, etc.
Genetic Modifications.
Titans from Titanfall, along with weapons and armour.
Shatterdomes from Pacific Rim.
Health Restoration beds that heal deadly wounds (But they cost loads).
Automatic saftey belts.
When the ship gets holed, all the air rushes out and sucks crew out too.
Ship rams.
Civilian ships and trade ships which you can raid.
Special chests and pipes that connect to cargo loaders/ unloaders that will take the stuff out of rockets or put them into rockets.
Alien space ship crash sites that have loot and (maybe) some surviving crew.
In-atmosphere ships that you can use to fly around.
Exploration robots to land on planets if you can't. They should be controlled from a computer that is taken along with you.
Anomilies like Meteors (Can be mined), space ship/ station wrecks (can be boarded an explored) and wormholes (that teleport you to other systems).
Spaceships that are built out of Atmoshere that you can use to attack other ships, explore wrecks, mine asteriods and shoot you out of the ship in a drop pod (eg: HEVs from Halo).

I would like more ideas please! And I will also be updating this as often as I can.
Well thought out Hope this happens

Killerkitty64

Feb 22, 2014
London
cool, thanks. Does it work when stairs or doors are in the building itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.