landing tracker

Mar 11, 2013
germany
a way to mark a landing spot where you like to land your lander to explain it short and compact.

ways to might do it:
-use a minimap (ala rei/zen/voxel) to pick a landing spot as a waypoint (ala rei/zen/voxel) to fly/hover/slowdown in that direction.
-let the max deaceleration drop to 5/2m² to give you more landing time and more time to studdy the land.
-(not recomanded but ''might'' be a posebilety) exstand the landing time and/or let the surfers generate quicker (i repead not recomanded)

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
-(not recomanded but ''might'' be a posebilety) exstand the landing time and/or let the surfers generate quicker (i repead not recomanded)

Actually, that's probably the one I'd support. The most comment complaint I've seen is people crashing because their game took too long to load and/or they didn't have enough time to actually make the landing. Giving people more time would fix this.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Actually, that's probably the one I'd support. The most comment complaint I've seen is people crashing because their game took too long to load and/or they didn't have enough time to actually make the landing. Giving people more time would fix this.
that why i set it in the list but from the little i know from coding, games and grafics i can amedion that will be a hugh blast on your RAMemory, what surrly will trigger some serious lag spikes and for some weaker pc to crash the game...

or they didn't have enough time to actually make the landing
i beleave you try to point at simon and duncan from yogcast as a acsample for that XD

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
that why i set it in the list but from the little i know from coding, games and grafics i can amedion that will be a hugh blast on your RAMemory, what surrly will trigger some serious lag spikes and for some weaker pc to crash the game...

i beleave you try to point at simon and duncan from yogcast as a acsample for that XD

Coding wise, I don't think it would be too hard. Maybe just reduce the initial decent speed. The outcome would be the same. People would have more time to react, which is basically what's at the heart of the problem.

That being said maybe a landing pad or zone would be cool. If you have a base on the moon or Mars, there's really no way to stop people from landing or crash-landing in your base (or on top of it).

A player could put out a special pad, and anyone trying to land in a certain radius of it would have their lander lock onto it for a controlled landing.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2013
germany
That being said maybe a landing pad or zone would be cool. If you have a base on the moon or Mars, there's really no way to stop people from landing or crash-landing in your base (or on top of it).

A player could put out a special pad, and anyone trying to land in a certain radius of it would have their lander lock onto it for a controlled landing.

a automated landing procedure your mean...?
accually i can remember that in a early version you ''had'' a longer decend .w.
maybe micdoodle has chanced because people complained about the long waiting time...idk

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
a automated landing procedure your mean...?
accually i can remember that in a early version you ''had'' a longer decend .w.
maybe micdoodle has chanced because people complained about the long waiting time...idk

Yeah an automated landing, but only if someone has been on the moon before to put the landing pads down.

The decent was longer or it seemed longer because it was slower. If I remember correctly, it changed when the landing changed from using a parachute to using the lunar lander.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Good suggestions! (i use reis minimap btw :3)
i use rei's as well, i prefure it over zans and the voxel

Yeah an automated landing, but only if someone has been on the moon before to put the landing pads down.

The decent was longer or it seemed longer because it was slower. If I remember correctly, it changed when the landing changed from using a parachute to using the lunar lander.
understandeble

no also with the lander the desent was first longer

Nice idea. Maybe not special thrusters though. Otherwise in smp people could still purposely crash their lander into people's bases, which kinda sucks.

Two-face :O

Do you hate me or not? xD

Anyway, I don't support things that don't make enough sense. If you can jump really high by putting iron boots with a non-biological item, then that makes no sense. Iron Golems? Life from the pumpkin, reacting with iron. Makes sense to me... kinda... :p

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Two-face :O

Do you hate me or not? xD

Anyway, I don't support things that don't make enough sense. If you can jump really high by putting iron boots with a non-biological item, then that makes no sense. Iron Golems? Life from the pumpkin, reacting with iron. Makes sense to me... kinda... :p
He's not two-faced. This is a perfect example of what he's been trying to explain all along. He doesn't hate anyone or anything. He dislikes, disagrees with, or points out flaws in ideas. It has nothing to do with the person who said it until that person retaliates because they think it is a personal attack when really he is just interested in addressing the ideas and discussion at hand. Even with all the squabbling between you two specifically, he still is willing to admit someone has a good idea even if he hasn't gotten along with that person for the most part. It's ok for him or anyone else to disagree with someone. That in no way implies he dislikes the individual with whom he is speaking. It doesn't have to be either "you love me" or "you hate me". I don't think he's concerned with personal issues (until they are attacking him, understandably), but rather the discussion of ideas and addressing issues...which is what this entire forum SHOULD be.

He's not two-faced. This is a perfect example of what he's been trying to explain all along. He doesn't hate anyone or anything. He dislikes, disagrees with, or points out flaws in ideas. It has nothing to do with the person who said it until that person retaliates because they think it is a personal attack when really he is just interested in addressing the ideas and discussion at hand. Even with all the squabbling between you two specifically, he still is willing to admit someone has a good idea even if he hasn't gotten along with that person for the most part. It's ok for him or anyone else to disagree with someone. That in no way implies he dislikes the individual with whom he is speaking. It doesn't have to be either "you love me" or "you hate me". I don't think he's concerned with personal issues (until they are attacking him, understandably), but rather the discussion of ideas and addressing issues...which is what this entire forum SHOULD be.

Huh! But yea, he wasn't nice when he wasn't being like that. I admit I like his electrolysis idea too...

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Huh! But yea, he wasn't nice when he wasn't being like that. I admit I like his electrolysis idea too...
How could you not like the electrolysis idea :D

But getting on-topic, perhaps just a marker (similar to a Buildcraft marker or wireless redstone transmitter) as originally suggested, but it actually tansmits a signal which can be selected via a launch controller as a destination. That way you spawn directly above it when you enter the dimension instead of having to manually steer toward a visual target. It could work as a more mobile landing marker as opposed to a fixed launch controller destination and can be used as a temporary destination to send a cargo rocket/care package, although an automated unload/launch wouldn't be possible since it wouldn't land on a launch pad.