Space Stations

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Thinking more upon Project Horizon, I decided that you should be able to build your own space stations. This would require 0% gravity, jetpacks, and gravitational blocks as well as a variety of other blocks, like launching stations. Launching from your space station, although expensive to make a first, would save on massive amounts of fuel. You could also expand upon the launching options, like ion engines or solar sails (a personal favorite of mine, although your could only really travel AWAY from the sun...) The possibilities are endless really.

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Never heard of the Heliosphere, and they would work if one used lasers that there a high enough power, much more practical than having all that fuel. But ya, you travel would be limited to fairly near the star and you'd be slower the further away you got.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
274844main_DaveHeliosphereFlippedVis4Lg.jpg

Reactions: Nexonoid

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Ah, I see, thank you. It's the Sun's own magnetic field. I have heard of the Heliopause and sheath now that I think of it. Woot! You go sun! Protect us from cosmic radiation!

Dusty Lens

Mar 14, 2013
I would absolutely love to have the ability to craft a space station using the mechanics presented by this mod. Space stations of various types already being a hobby of mine in more "conventional" minecraft.

I suppose the issue would be the purpose of building one, beyond the simple joy of its construction. The terrestrial biomes will present their own challenges and rewards whereas space is, well, space isn't generally referred to as such due its overabundance of -things- with which to interact. Not to mention zero gravity mechanics. While I imagine there could be a measure of joy found in mining asteroids for precious resources I can't imagine what incentives there would be to crafting a way station between the inner and outer worlds.

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Actually, zero grav could be made by implimenting the flying script of Vanilla.

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
And think of it this way, the only reason space shuttles have all that junk that comes off if so they can go into orbit. Now, the orbiter itself only weighs like 150,000 pounds. But a shuttle prepared for launch weighs like 4 million pounds. All fuel and boosters.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
speak about zero grav, isnt it a good idea to implent a gravety genorater to produch gravety in a small aria just like the o2 system but them only for the ground level.