Oxygen sealers not staying sealed

Apr 7, 2014
I recently installed build 978 on my server, and when I finally got to the Moon, I tried making a habitation dome. Unfortunately, no amount of oxygen sealers will seal this base. I currently have 32 sealers working to seal my (admittedly) large glass dome. The dome is 32 blocks in diameter, and I have a secondary dome with its own supply of oxygen, separated by two airlocks. Currently, I can seal my smaller dome with just TWO sealers, which is strange, because much of the smaller dome is underground, and takes up about half of the size the larger dome is. I have ensured that both of the sealer setups have enough oxygen, and they do not run out. I have also ensured that they do not run out of power, as I am currently using the infinite batteries until I can get this seal sorted out.

As soon as I open up the airlock to the rest of the base however, it does the normal, "Lol, you opened up an airlock to hard vacuum, lemme see if I can seal that next space at all" thing where both sides have no valid oxygen setup. However, even with 16 sealers running in both domes (each), it is impossible for them to stay sealed. At one point it did stabilize, however, as soon as I opened a chest in the large dome, both areas lost the seal...

Is the mod just buggy as heck, or am I doing something wrong? I'd hate to think I need even more sealers....because all of this stuff is fairly expensive to make.

A few notes:
  1. I have made sure that there are no leaks. No holes anywhere.
  2. I have ensured that the glass, and all mod blocks in the area have been added to the sealable config list.
  3. I am not short on power, nor low on oxygen, from lots of oxygen collectors.
  4. Screenshot of base:
    1. 7YZO8

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
You could test a small sample room just to be certain that blocks from other mods are in fact sealing.

Assuming that they are working correctly (or if you don't want to bother testing) the sealers are a bit buggy. I'm still on version 2.0.8 and I seem to have pretty good luck, but I've seen several people report issues similar to yours.

You can offer feedback to Mitch's own Oxygen Sealer Feedback thread:

http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/oxygen-sealer-feedback.2720/

And/or you can submit a bug report to help resolve the issue.

Apr 7, 2014
Well, actually, everything does seal in a smaller room. I've sealed off the smaller dome, and it seals with only two sealers. However, when I open the airlock connecting the two, all 36 sealers say that it is sealed, but it will keep saying that the oxygen setup is invalid.

Also of note is a HUGE spam in the console whenever I open the airlock from the small dome (sealed) into the large dome (unsealed, no leaks)

Apr 7, 2014
Actually...is it possible that it's bugging out when the oxygen collectors and the oxygen sealers are in the same enclosed space?

Apr 7, 2014
Doing some testing, It seems like I might just have too large of a base. It looks like it does have the ability to seal, but unfortunately, it doesn't seal it all at once. It seals in chunks. This causes instability, where one section is sealed, but the other is not.

I'm going to try the dev versions next. I did some local testing, and it kinda worked, but with lots of lag. I'll see what I can do with a different version.

Apr 7, 2014
Alright, well this should be my final report.
I used the dev version on Jenkins, version 984.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to seal a very large area, due to the way Galacticraft searches for a valid seal. I'm no programmer, but it seems that it's done in chunks. If it can't find a seal completely within a certain short time, it will seal only a small area. It will then move to the next area to try to seal, and then the next area, and so on. It's an inefficient method, to be sure, because when it seals a few areas, it still leaves small areas that aren't sealed, which then destabilizes the entire area. It is possible to seal the entire area, after many, MANY tries...but it's never 100%.

Cheers for the small support I've gotten so far...but I think I'm going to have to submit a full bug report.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
@thatcraniumguy Please test the latest dev build, I've had a contributor (radfast) make serious improvements to the algorithm recently. Sorry for the delay.

Apr 7, 2014
I've used the latest version with a local copy, which seemed to work fantastically. Time to see how it does in a server situation. I'll keep you posted.

Narcogen

Jan 3, 2014
Seems to be working. I did have to put the sealer back into the airlock, but now inner areas do not lose pressure either when inner doors are opened to other pressurized areas (does happen if there is no sealer) or when outer doors are opened to unpressurized areas, as was happening before.

One upside is that you can pressurize an internal area, then remove the sealer and install it elsewhere, and that interior area will never lose pressure unless the seal is broken. If the only airlock to that area communicates to a pressurized area, it seems the sealer is no longer necessary.

Narcogen

Jan 3, 2014
Well, not sure how that would be evaluated. As it is, if that area communicates via airlock with an enclosed area that has a sealer, then standing in the airlock will make the sealer fill that area with oxygen. If there's no mechanism for the consumption of oxygen by players or mobs inside an enclosed area, then the area would remained sealed even after the airlock is closed as long as the area on the other side of it remains enclosed.

Still, your point is well taken. I'm just wondering how the algorithm would account for it if oxygen is only consumed/destroyed when the seal is broken.

Apr 7, 2014
It does make sense that the air already generated would stay trapped in the enclosed space, but if there were a way to determine oxygen LEVELS, rather than a true/false kind of thing we have now, it would be great to do an oxygen consumption kind of thing. But for now, I'd say that it makes more sense for the air trapped to dissipate as soon as it's not actively being sealed anymore, since there's no way for it to be getting replenished.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Please test the latest dev build
I tested 1006 on my existing test world: http://www.twitch.tv/ezerarch/b/520371139

* 0:30: I could seal a 800 m³ room, I had to lower some parts of the the ceiling and reduce the room to 781.
* 04:50: in small rooms, there's always a missing air block on top of the sealer. It fixes if you update a block next to it but it's back if you re-seal the room.

Narcogen

Jan 3, 2014
Upgraded from build 1006 to 1010. Everything does seem OK so far (although as I mentioned elsewhere, rooms that have been sealed remain sealed after the sealer is removed as long as that area does not communicate directly with an unsealed area. Not sure if this is intended or not, as it means you only need to permanently seal the airlock interiors; everything else can be sealed once, and then the sealer moved to another location.

Apr 7, 2014
@micdoodle8 : I did update, as posted before, but now there's a more pressing matter. It seems that server ops can no longer run the /help command at all, whether through console or in game. It gives an error message each time you try it. Image for reference:
8c2SK.jpg

Log output after using /help:
Code:
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] An unknown error occurred while attempting to perform this command
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.ComparableTimSort.mergeHi(ComparableTimSort.java:835)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.ComparableTimSort.mergeAt(ComparableTimSort.java:453)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.ComparableTimSort.mergeForceCollapse(ComparableTimSort.java:392)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:191)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:146)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:472)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:155)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.command.CommandHelp.func_71534_d(SourceFile:74)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.command.CommandHelp.func_71515_b(SourceFile:36)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.command.CommandHandler.func_71556_a(CommandHandler.java:88)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71333_ah(DedicatedServer.java:315)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:277)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
2014-04-17 07:34:44 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)