Temperature Suit (For all planets with cold/hot. temperatures)

"Do you think this suit shall be needed to survive on the (cold/hot) planets?"

• "No"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "NEVER!!!, this is the worst suggestion i have ever seen!!!"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2014
I'm going to bump a nice idea here, and here's my own thoughts:

On dimensions that are not inhabitable, such as Mars, the moon, venus, etc. the player needs an extreme weather suit (like the one you describe) to walk around the planet without suffering damage. There would be varying tiers of the suit to craft and the better the suit the more dangerous the place you can go (say, Venus, if that was added). The suit would be fairly expensive to craft, especially higher tiers.

Areas that are sealed off and covered by an oxygen bubble would be safe from the extreme weather and the player could feel free to leave the suit off.

GroxLeader

Apr 27, 2014
good idea cause on Neptune its cold and you would freeze so a suit with heating rays in it would be cool

fun0326

May 18, 2014
I think micdoodle is adding thermal armor that can be put on with other armor and a temp bar that goes down or up depending if your in sunlight or not unless your wearing it :) (btw if your wondering where I got that info I got it from githubcwhen looking ar comits and the code)

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I think micdoodle is adding thermal armor that can be put on with other armor and a temp bar that goes down or up depending if your in sunlight or not unless your wearing it :) (btw if your wondering where I got that info I got it from githubcwhen looking ar comits and the code)

Same here, i would like to see some kind of scuba based equip. or temp suits.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
They added this but I think it needs to be updated. The negative effects should be more relative (You die faster on the asteroids than on mars, for example) and be relative to day/night cycle. The spacesuits now work be insulating the user from the heat/cold by special materials that prevent the suit from changing temperature relative to the atmosphere. This is reflected in the already existing thermals implemented in the latest update. The only problem I can see with the currently added thermals is that the space stations and the moon are classified as neutral despite being very cold and very hot at different times. I would like to see the temperature of places like the moon (Hot in day, cold at night), mars (Cold at day, Very cold at night) and space stations (Very hot at day, very cold at night) to be dependant on the sun being visible or not, but not places like asteroids (Always very cold), which are to far away to receive much anyway. Future planets should also have temperature systems like this. For example, Venus would always be very hot as it has a thermal blanket which keeps heat retained, much like earth (Or the Overworld.)