Homemade Rocket Launch

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
cool you made a rocket all by yourone :D
im not a scientist but i play a lot of kerbal space program and am a very logistic thinker (dont worry im not gone atvise you to put on more bosters -w-)

what i think is that your rocket acceleraded to quickly and couldnt stand the heat of the acurating air, like a tiny fersion of re-entery heating, its unnesesary to let it brake te sound barriar specially with a small craft like that.
did you programed the lancing proticol or did you stear the craft manually...?
The rocket blew up because of a leak in the oxidizer tank, the small hole ruptured and vaporized the equipement

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Also the rocket had a heat shield (it can stand the friction) and it broke the sound barrier 15 seconds after launch, then it continue for about a minute before being destroyed in a fiery explosion.
The launch was planned to test my equipment at high speed and greater pressure and take pictures of earth from the stratosphere.
The steering was by a small computer i built with it using micro controllers, it's as dumb as a nokia phone.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Also the rocket had a heat shield (it can stand the friction) and it broke the sound barrier 15 seconds after launch, then it continue for about a minute before being destroyed in a fiery explosion.
The launch was planned to test my equipment at high speed and greater pressure and take pictures of earth from the stratosphere.
The steering was by a small computer i built with it using micro controllers, it's as dumb as a nokia phone.

well a nokia can survive bullets maybe even rocket lanunch XD

hmm maybe to come back, maybe the head shield took to much damage or something actually hit your craft...?

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Nothing hit the craft i said it was a leak before launch that ruptured after light off.
that must feel very horrible... D:>

well then check your checklist for mist rechecks of checks, with other words: make sure that everything is triple checked -w-
because 3 is the number of perfection

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Dude I'm very impressed you were able to make a rocket, shame it blew up, but you out-did yourself with this, great job, :)

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Nice rocket, too bad it blew up... :(
Actually, i want to build something like that now.
I guess magnesium powder is more an explosive that temporarily blinds you than a propellant, isn't it?