Inter-Server Rocketry

Yay or Nay?

• Total voters

bbgun09

May 29, 2014
Please read the entire post before commenting

║ INTER-SERVER ROCKETRY║

Making Space Travel Just That Much More Interesting

What if you had the ability to travel between servers with Galacticraft?

You could have the entire universe of stars, planets and moons at your fingertips. Conquer galaxies, create interstellar corporations and much more! Servers could compete with each other for valuable planets, fund each other's scientific research and even maliciously disable adversaries' oxygen flow to their secret lunar military facilities. The possibilities are literally as endless as the minecraft world itself.

How:

Servers would be galaxies
You can now travel to these server galaxies

You must know the galaxy code ( IP Address ) in order to travel to those galaxies
You keep your inventory, allowing you to get materials from one server into another

Making sure people do not complain:

- [ Obligatory ] Server option to disable this feature entirely
- Can only travel between servers that have the same mods installed (Attack of the B-Team Modpackers can only travel between Attack of the B-Team servers)

- Server blacklist of items that aren't allowed to be taken there (If one server banned an item they can make sure people can't smuggle it into the server this way while still having this feature)
- Optional Blacklist/Whitelist of connected serves (Allowing for certain servers to only be traveled to/from certain other servers)

How will it work?

- When you click to go to a certain server just before you exit the server you are currently on the mod will save everything about your character client-side.
- After your character connects to the new server the client will tell the server everything about the new character so that the inventory and what-not can be saved.
- The server will create a special instance of your character (not the one that you would use if you were to normally log on to this server) for the new information so that both files may be stored.
- If the character was to normally log on to the new server they would spawn normally, without this new data. If they were to log on to the other server it would redirect them to the new server because that is where that instance of their character currently is, and they would be able to access the special instance (If they hopped from server to server each one would redirect them until the mod could find where the special instance was located).
- If the mod cannot find the special instance of your character (for instance if the server that your special instance was in was to be shut down) the mod will give you a choice to either delete the special instance and use the saved instance on the server you are logging into, or disconnect from that server (if you wanted to wait for the server that your special instance was located in to come back up again). If you choose to delete your special instance it will use the file it saved during the first inter-server teleport and request that the first server use that as the file for that player. If you choose this and later you connect to the server that your special instance was located in, the mod will request that the server delete the special instance.

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion!
- bbgun09

Last edited:
May 17, 2014
Wont ever happen how do i know?

1. This is not an galacticraft suggestion its more of an mojag suggestion

2. Extremley hard to code

3. pointless

No support.

bbgun09

May 29, 2014
Wont ever happen how do i know?

1. This is not an galacticraft suggestion its more of an mojag suggestion

How is this more of a mojang suggestion? You use galacticraft to travel between servers in a rocket.

2. Extremley hard to code

Possibly, but not nearly as hard as several things this mod creator has already done.

3. pointless

It allows you to transport materials between servers. How is it pointless?

No support.

I can only conclude that you did not read my entire post before commenting. Please read it all before responding again.

Thanks for responding,
bbgun09

May 17, 2014
I can only conclude that you did not read my entire post before commenting. Please read it all before responding again.

Thanks for responding,
bbgun09
Hahahahahahahahaha. sorry but this wont happen mitch said no to space exploration or any space travel galaxy blabla. wont happen sir

EDIT: its impossible to interact with different servers. Even if mojang tryed so. This wont happen as stated and is impossible littery IMPOSSIBLE.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
There's a mod that does this. NOT IMPOSSIBLE!
Hahahahahahahahaha. sorry but this wont happen mitch said no to space exploration or any space travel galaxy blabla. wont happen sir

EDIT: its impossible to interact with different servers. Even if mojang tryed so. This wont happen as stated and is impossible littery IMPOSSIBLE.

May 17, 2014
Quantum Craft

------------------------

I thought about this, but that seems like a bit of a ruin for future galaxies in GC 29, eh?
There is an difference between changing fast then flying around in a spaceship to different chunks for ips heh? also it kinda is useless...

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
I think it would be in GC...

...Addon...

...On special servers system like in MCSG...

But in mod itself, no matter how awesome it would be... Won't happen.

May 17, 2014
Oh good peaple. this will never happen cause its NOT related to galacticraft exept for an spaceship AND mitch said no to space exploration wich is basicly this. yea ;) argue with me but it wont happen ever.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Oh good peaple. this will never happen cause its NOT related to galacticraft exept for an spaceship AND mitch said no to space exploration wich is basicly this. yea ;) argue with me but it wont happen ever.
False, and false. This includes rockets and does not include space exploration at all.

If you use rockets to travel to a server that is a galaxy, keyword, than it is partially related.

Space exploration? Since when did it mention that?

For my opinion, I don't support, as I do no see a need for it.

May 17, 2014
False, and false. This includes rockets and does not include space exploration at all.

If you use rockets to travel to a server that is a galaxy, keyword, than it is partially related.

Space exploration? Since when did it mention that?

For my opinion, I don't support, as I do no see a need for it.
Travel your ship to different galaxy is space exploration. boom

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Wrong. Space explorations is like KSP space travel.
Saying flying a ship to another galaxy is space exploration is like saying flying your rocket to the choose dimension GUI. "Ka-Boom!"

To be exact, space exploration is the ongoing discovery and exploration of celestial structures in outer space by means of continuously evolving and growing space technology. Thus, the entire game is basically space exploration.

May 17, 2014
To be exact, space exploration is the ongoing discovery and exploration of celestial structures in outer space by means of continuously evolving and growing space technology. Thus, the entire game is basically space exploration.
Ok this idea sucks tho

May 17, 2014
It would be nice to say something a little more decent then "This idea sucks"
@bbgun09 has clearly spent some time working on this suggestion, and saying something that blatant is plain rude. If you dislike the idea, then give some proper reasons other than "This idea sucks"
I replyed above already.