Cheese Ore

billybob8484

Oct 25, 2013
Where is the best place to find cheese ore? Near the surface, or maybe deeper? Close to villages? The wiki doesn't really have much of any information on it, and it just seems excessively rare...

billybob8484

Oct 25, 2013
I already gathered that cheese ore is available underground on the moon, I read the wiki (and stated as much ;) ). Is this really a support item? (...third time?) It's not a flaw with the mod, just a general inquiry...

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I already gathered that cheese ore is available underground on the moon, I read the wiki (and stated as much ;) ). Is this really a support item? (...third time?) It's not a flaw with the mod, just a general inquiry...

Third time telling someone that a thread belongs in Support, but not you specifically. I do agree with you though. It's just a general question about the mod, not an issue or error.

Having said that I wish I had a more precise answer, but as far as I can tell it seems to generate in fairly random patches. I havn't seen any real consistency that I've noticed compared to say diamond that has a pretty specific range of layers that it generates in. It may just be due to the surface area of exposed blocks, but I find it most in naturally occuring caves/tunnels.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Third time telling someone that a thread belongs in Support, but not you specifically. I do agree with you though. It's just a general question about the mod, not an issue or error.

Having said that I wish I had a more precise answer, but as far as I can tell it seems to generate in fairly random patches. I havn't seen any real consistency that I've noticed compared to say diamond that has a pretty specific range of layers that it generates in. It may just be due to the surface area of exposed blocks, but I find it most in naturally occuring caves/tunnels.
no support if u have error or need help
he need help about finding cheese ore general is for general things , do u see Help!! topic and i found a bug topic ,i dont know why many people but it here because it belongs to Support section

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
no support if u have error or need help
he need help about finding cheese ore general is for general things , do u see Help!! topic and i found a bug topic ,i dont know why many people but it here because it belongs to Support section
Support is, as it says, "Something went wrong? Need help? This is the place."
This is the proper place.

As said earlier, it does just appear in random patches, I wish I could do more besides repeat an earlier comment.

Last edited:

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Where is the best place to find cheese ore? Near the surface, or maybe deeper? Close to villages? The wiki doesn't really have much of any information on it, and it just seems excessively rare...
I could only find it below the lunar surface.
It appears it generates like an ore type since it spawns in patches underground like all ores do.
Cheese dumplings
This might be a good idea.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Cheese ore is fairly rare - twice as rare as copper or aluminium ores on the moon, but not as rare as Emerald Ore in vanilla Minecraft (in hills/jungle biomes obvs).

There should be, on average, 12 cheese ore blocks per chunk. They can be found at any height between y=1 and the surface of the Moon - they are just as likely to be close to the surface as down deep. Mine out a whole chunk and you will definitely find some.

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Cheese ore is fairly rare - twice as rare as copper or aluminium ores on the moon, but not as rare as Emerald Ore in vanilla Minecraft (in hills/jungle biomes obvs).

There should be, on average, 12 cheese ore blocks per chunk. They can be found at any height between y=1 and the surface of the Moon - they are just as likely to be close to the surface as down deep. Mine out a whole chunk and you will definitely find some.
Or you could use industrialcraft's quarry to mine multiple chunks at once if your that desperate for any, but my advice is your more likely to find cheese ore in the naturally generating caves in veins of like 1-4, rather than make a mine. Hope this helps ya, also, welcome to the wiki Billybob, :)

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com

Great to know, thank you so much sir!