Planets with changing gravity

Jul 13, 2014
I've seen the moon and I said: fantastic! I can jump 4.94 blocks! I've seen mars and I said: cool! I can jump quite high! But I thought: and... if the gravity change because the time? I thought that if you create a space station near a black hole, the gravity will be bigger when the station is "up" the black hole and less when the station is "under" the black hole... I know that it will be implemented in a very far future (when the GALACTICraft will became really GALACTIC) but you can "catch" this idea to implement it next...

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
Io (moon of Jupiter) could-be such that planet with unstable gravity, yes.

Jul 13, 2014
Io (moon of Jupiter) could-be such that planet with unstable gravity, yes.
I'm sorry, but this has no sense... (and DON'T say me"it's just minecraft"!!!!!) because Io has its determinate gravity, and if it became the middle, means that Jupiter has so much effect that Io will be sucked into jupiter in 3/4 days. A space station has not gravity, so the black hole can have significative effects(and the station can escape from the destruction using the centrifuge force)

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
I'm sorry, but this has no sense... (and DON'T say me"it's just minecraft"!!!!!) because Io has its determinate gravity, and if it became the middle, means that Jupiter has so much effect that Io will be sucked into jupiter in 3/4 days. A space station has not gravity, so the black hole can have significative effects(and the station can escape from the destruction using the centrifuge force)

Or you could just NOT build your shit near black holes or something that might cause you and or Space Station to be sucked into something.

Jul 13, 2014
Or you could just NOT build your shit near black holes or something that might cause you and or Space Station to be sucked into something.
That's not true. None transport shit into space, because it's useless and you can't have shit on minecraft.
Also, the space station will not be sucked into the black hole, because it can rotate round the black hole at an high velocity, so the centrifuge force can save the station from the destruction.
last comment: also if my idea will be added, you aren't forced to create the station, so your complain is useless.

ps: I think that you could say your ideas without useless profanity.

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
That's not true. None transport shit into space, because it's useless and you can't have shit on minecraft.
Also, the space station will not be sucked into the black hole, because it can rotate round the black hole at an high velocity, so the centrifuge force can save the station from the destruction.
last comment: also if my idea will be added, you aren't forced to create the station, so your complain is useless.

ps: I think that you could say your ideas without useless profanity.

By (shit) by which you must know,it a reference to your machine buildings in space ect. And it was not a idea or a complain. It was more of a comment. As for your idea,you are right,we are not forced to make a Space Station,but I doubt you will find anyone who plays GC who dose not have one. And your centrifuge must be very powerful to repel the outward force from a black hole,question if you don't mind. But how much energy will it take to run one. And why is it not possible to build your space station AWAY from one. And how could there be a black hole in our solar system? (Don't say because of Minecraft). One last thing. You plan to make your own Space Empire like the one off of the Foundation series?

Last edited:

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
Not trying to be mean or anything. I just want all the details. :3

PS. Don't be so rude. :D

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2014
By (shit) by which you must know,it a reference to your machine buildings in space ect. And it was not a idea or a complain. It was more of a comment. As for your idea,you are right,we are not forced to make a Space Station,but I doubt you will find anyone who plays GC who dose not have one. And your centrifuge must be very powerful to repel the outward force from a black hole,question if you don't mind. But how much energy will it take to run one. And why is it not possible to build your space station AWAY from one. And how could there be a black hole in our solar system? (Don't say because of Minecraft). One last thing. You plan to make your own Space Empire like the one off of the Foundation series?
Starting, i'm sorry if I sims rude, it was not my intension.
I know that the centrifuge should have a very high velocity, but maybe mic can add a machine that create more energy than the other machine (maybe a machine that transform the matter into energy using the Einstein's formule (the energy is the same as matter moltiplicate the light velocity elevated at the second power) and use the energy to rotate.
to create the station you can build it far from the black hole, and, when you're ready, you transport it near the black hole, starting the rotation.
I WILL NEVER SAY "BECAUSE IT'S MINECRAFT"!!! REMEMBER IT! IF I SAY THAT YOU KNOW THAT IS SOMEOTHER PERSON!
I never sayd that the black hole should be in the solar sistem, but I thought in the galaxy(maybe cignus b). the mod is "GALACTICraft" not "SOLARSYSTEMcraft", right?
Yes, I planned to make my space empire with my friends in a server!
Also you read the Foundation series??? I REALLY REALLY LOVE THAT SERIE(as say my nickname, my avatar, my last post on suggestion and this comment).

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
Starting, i'm sorry if I sims rude, it was not my intension.
I know that the centrifuge should have a very high velocity, but maybe mic can add a machine that create more energy than the other machine (maybe a machine that transform the matter into energy using the Einstein's formule (the energy is the same as matter moltiplicate the light velocity elevated at the second power) and use the energy to rotate.
to create the station you can build it far from the black hole, and, when you're ready, you transport it near the black hole, starting the rotation.
I WILL NEVER SAY "BECAUSE IT'S MINECRAFT"!!! REMEMBER IT! IF I SAY THAT YOU KNOW THAT IS SOMEOTHER PERSON!
I never sayd that the black hole should be in the solar sistem, but I thought in the galaxy(maybe cignus b). the mod is "GALACTICraft" not "SOLARSYSTEMcraft", right?
Yes, I planned to make my space empire with my friends in a server!
Also you read the Foundation series??? I REALLY REALLY LOVE THAT SERIE(as say my nickname, my avatar, my last post on suggestion and this comment).

So why would we put our Space Station around the black hole? Is there something cool about it?

Jul 13, 2014
So why would we put our Space Station around the black hole? Is there something cool about it?
as the post say, it could be a dimension with unstable gravity. with an elliptic orbit very elongated the station can have days with a gravity of 100% (for example, maybe you want 20%) and days with a gravity of 2%. these numbers are examples, you can have other type of gravity.

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
as the post say, it could be a dimension with unstable gravity. with an elliptic orbit very elongated the station can have days with a gravity of 100% (for example, maybe you want 20%) and days with a gravity of 2%. these numbers are examples, you can have other type of gravity.

What would be in the black hole dimension?

hunator

Jul 25, 2014
I case of fast rotation around black hole, you will obtain zero force or it would have unstable orbit (but even than there will be no visible effect on person inside station, in its system there is gravitation>>0), even our solar system is probably orbiting black hole.

But this could be interesting in case of artificial gravity. In GC probably the same as in sci-fi by gravity plates.

Jul 13, 2014
I case of fast rotation around black hole, you will obtain zero force or it would have unstable orbit (but even than there will be no visible effect on person inside station, in its system there is gravitation>>0), even our solar system is probably orbiting black hole.

But this could be interesting in case of artificial gravity. In GC probably the same as in sci-fi by gravity plates.
yeah... I know that the centre of the galaxy is a black hole... but the sun impiegate 250000000 years to made 1 rotation, so the gravity effects are minimal. also, the Earth has its own gravity, right? so the effects are less than on a space station

Jul 13, 2014
But what if it could hold a portal to a new solar system where we could have whatever planets we wanted?
A portal??? Galacticraft is the only mod that allow you to go into space with rockets! and you want to create a portal?
Maybe a rocket that can travel into the hyperspace can transport you in other solar sistems.
Another thing: what means "we could have whatever planets we wanted"? you think about a custom dimension? if not, there aren't every type of planets in the galaxy, so we cannot go in every planet we want. (i'm not english so I could made mistake with translation, and if I didn't understand what you said please forgive me and repeat simpler).

Jul 13, 2014
What would be in the black hole dimension?
what you can found on the space station dimension? this is a space station... maybe you can obtain, with a machine, some hawking radiation, for example... or you can have some particular type of gas(that are around most black holes).

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
A portal??? Galacticraft is the only mod that allow you to go into space with rockets! and you want to create a portal?
Maybe a rocket that can travel into the hyperspace can transport you in other solar sistems.
Another thing: what means "we could have whatever planets we wanted"? you think about a custom dimension? if not, there aren't every type of planets in the galaxy, so we cannot go in every planet we want. (i'm not english so I could made mistake with translation, and if I didn't understand what you said please forgive me and repeat simpler).

Now that I think about it,hyperspace sounds better.

Jul 13, 2014
Now that I think about it,hyperspace sounds better.
YEAH! imagine: your rocket start fly, at a very high velocity, when, at high=900 a spiral appear onto your rocket and rotate, and the sky disappear giving way to the hyperspace: a couple of membranes (like the M-theory) with waves that slowly move! This is an example, maybe you can imagine a better hyperspace (and you surely could describe it better than me).