Galacticraft 3 Release Notes

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
I just downloaded GC3 and tested everything out. So far everything looks really incredible, I especially like the flag customization and rocket/launch sequence inprovement. The one thing I was slightly dissapointed with was the textures of the asteroids, they seem a little bland a repetitive to me. Other than that I'm having a blast making my futuristic asteroid base!

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
2014-07-26_16.58.51.png

Welp, Fuck

Reactions: Danese

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I just downloaded GC3 and tested everything out. So far everything looks really incredible, I especially like the flag customization and rocket/launch sequence inprovement. The one thing I was slightly dissapointed with was the textures of the asteroids, they seem a little bland a repetitive to me. Other than that I'm having a blast making my futuristic asteroid base!

Well to be fair asteroids ARE a bit bland and similar. At least that's how they are typically portrayed in popular media.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Has anyone seen Mercury's orbit in the planet selection menu? it's a bit broken to me... (guessing if it's a bug)
I also tested the telepads, they work pretty well for my space elevator. :)

Aug 8, 2013
for some reason when i press the create space station button the button dissapears but nothing happens, how can i access my station? cheers

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@ShadowWarrior you can try the green "launch" button. But tbh, there are bugs which people have quickly spotted with that, which will be fixed in a BUGFIX release later today so look out for that.

In this first beta there is also a serious bug if you take fall damage with any empty armor slots - so until we do the BUGFIX, wear a full set of armor please - 4 pieces of armor you will be OK.
Please do not report this bug or the space station creation / go to space station bugs, we know about these two already.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Just some small graphical errors I've noticed so far in the dev... nothing big.
OK, I'm kinda slow here so please tell me those bugs again - or maybe some nice circles on the screenshots? The first one, is it the closed airlock does not exactly fill its frame so you can see through like a 'line' around the edges of it?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
A couple more minor graphical bugs:

The aluminum wire walkways icon is a tad buggy when looking at it in the inventory

2014-07-26_16.47.55.png

You can see through the corners of the asteroid landing capsule from inside, but it is solid when looking at it from the outside.

2014-07-26_16.38.11.png

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
Earth, 2021: 2 seconds out of sync
I know that there's a TON of stuff to be added, but I think that, once the dungeons are set up, there could be a device that you could drive into meteors, and easily mine them. also, I think it could be able to float across the dimension when fuel is loaded in it (like a moon buggy, only able to do more than just drive like fly, place blocks, and mine.) :)

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
OK, I'm kinda slow here so please tell me those bugs again - or maybe some nice circles on the screenshots? The first one, is it the closed airlock does not exactly fill its frame so you can see through like a 'line' around the edges of it?
The first one is that all solar panels in the asteroids dimension flip towards the ground (Or i guess below the player atleast) and they also dont collect power (Or maybe thats just a feature of the asteroids dimension) The second picture is that for some reason the green dots facing the door side of an airlock seem to switch randomly at there own will...

emil2205

Apr 16, 2013
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/want-to-translate-galacticraft-check-this-out.4328/

TL;DR:

* Download the en_US.lang files to your PC - links in that thread. There are 4 different files - all have the same name so figure something out: either do it one by one or name them differently on your PC.

* Edit the files on your PC in a good text editor. It's a lot of lines like "item.titanium_sword.name=Titanium Sword". Change the English text "Titanium Sword" into the Danish translation. Save the files. Give them sensible names like dk_DK-asteroids.lang.

* Upload the saved files online somewhere - use DropBox or PasteBin or whatever you like - and give me the links, I will do the rest.
I dont really understand, where can I download the en_US file? I can open it with GitHub, but I dont really understand how to find it there.