Balancing rescoures

Aug 26, 2013
Many players might have a desperate need of tin. Setting up a space mission needs a lot more tin that you find usually. This means a lot more mining, and results a great excess from all other rescoures.
In the game I just finished preparing for a mission, and I had an excess of about 1 stack gold, 1 stack ilicon, 2 stack aluminium, 2.5 stack copper, 5 stack coal, 1.5 stack iron, and a half stack diamond (!) and all tin used up. I even asked my rival to give 64 tin ores for all my 32 diamonds, but he refused, meaning that tin become even more valuable than diamonds. But still, this could be fixed if...
  • The generation of tin ores would be increased in the 0-10/15 layers on Y
  • We would have to use more copper canisters and more compressed copper in machines instead of tin
And also the most common rescoure is copper, wich is not having so much use at the moment, so it makes the most useless ammout of raw material. Using more copper in machines would fix it, and altough tin decoration blocks look cool, they are only used up in creative mode playing. Tin just have to be used for other purposes.
BUt a copper decoration block would give a great opportunity to use up copper. ( that's what I've done with my redstone)

Last edited:

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Maybe this post shouldn't go here, but
Many players might have a desperate need of tin. Setting up a space mission needs a lot more tin that you find usually. This means a lot more mining, and results a great excess from all other rescoures.
In the game I just finished preparing for a mission, and I had an excess of about 1 stack gold, 1 stack ilicon, 2 stack aluminium, 2.5 stack copper, 5 stack coal, 1.5 stack iron, and a half stack diamond (!) and all tin used up. I even asked my rival to give 64 tin ores for all my 32 diamonds, but he refused, meaning that tin become even more valuable than diamonds. But still, this could be fixed if...
  • The generation of tin ores would be increased in the 0-10/15 layers on Y
  • We would have to use more copper canisters and more compressed copper in machines instead of tin
And also the most common rescoure is copper, wich is not having so much use at the moment, so it makes the most useless ammout of raw material. Using more copper in machines would fix it, and altough tin decoration blocks look cool, they are only used up in creative mode playing. Tin just have to be used for other purposes.
BUt a copper decoration block would give a great opportunity to use up copper. ( that's what I've done with my redstone)

I don't know, I guess it all depends on your style of playing. Sure I "frequently" run out of tin, but usually at the same time (or after) I run out of iron. And I very much prefer to build space structure with tin decoration blocks so I use a lot there. The big difference for me is that I build small. I don't have expansive bases that need a ton of blocks to build or the machines to keep it livable. So for me it's already pretty well balanced except for finding things to use copper for.

Aug 26, 2013
I don't know, I guess it all depends on your style of playing. Sure I "frequently" run out of tin, but usually at the same time (or after) I run out of iron. And I very much prefer to build space structure with tin decoration blocks so I use a lot there. The big difference for me is that I build small. I don't have expansive bases that need a ton of blocks to build or the machines to keep it livable. So for me it's already pretty well balanced except for finding things to use copper for.
Well, this is not only my problem, everyone who played on my server needs about 2X more tin for machines than they find. Is it my server's problem or can I have more tin generated for future maps?
And also, as I mentioned, we do not use tin decoration blocks because tin is needed for basic ammout of basic machines and a basic rocket, so the ammout of tin found in mines determinates the ammout of our progress, as we have enough from everithyng else. We have the tin-shortage when creating machines, not by tin blocks, wich we don't use. We use cobblestone in our stations.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Well, this is not only my problem, everyone who played on my server needs about 2X more tin for machines than they find. Is it my server's problem or can I have more tin generated for future maps?
And also, as I mentioned, we do not use tin decoration blocks because tin is needed for basic ammout of basic machines and a basic rocket, so the ammout of tin found in mines determinates the ammout of our progress, as we have enough from everithyng else. We have the tin-shortage when creating machines, not by tin blocks, wich we don't use. We use cobblestone in our stations.

I guess I didn't finish my thought, sorry. People have different uses for materials and therefore different demand for it. My world seems fine the way it is, whereas you guys are limited strictly because of it and I'm sure you aren't the only ones.

Is it possible that a config option would best handle this to change Tin generation rate? (1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc)

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Uh...I just remembered that there are two different types of tin for me to mine because of one of the other mods I use so I could very well be in the same boat as you guys if it weren't for that. Perhaps this is a good suggestion after all for people that don't have multiple tin ores.