Energy and oxygen between dimensions

Jul 13, 2014
if you watch carefully at the GC dimension now existing you will surely note that the earth is fantastic for the resources like coal, diamonds, etc... the moon is fantastic for the energy and the rock, that is very good for the space station, the station is THE BEST energy productor, mars is very good for farming because its surface is mostly flat(and farming can produce oxygen) and asteroids... we will see.

My idea is to create better mode of transport energy and oxygen between planets/moons/asteroids because for transportating energy fron the station and mars(for example) you must charge 54 batteryes, load on the cargo rocket and start it. for transport oxygen is the same, but I think this is VERY VERY tedious! my idea is a energy rocket, that is like a cargo rocket, but is crafted with energy storage(or energy storage cluster) instead of the chests, that can transport 2000000 gJ. for load the energy you have only to place an "energy loader" and connect a wire to it. for the oxygen is the same.

Another idea: for the energy, you can create a structure that launch a energy beam like the beacon, and you can select the destination like the teleporter. obviously, or you create an hyperspatial way for the energy (thing that i not appreciate in this case) or the energy use a few minutes to reach further destination(earth-moon use 1, 3 seconds; earth- mars use 2minutes-30 minutes etc... these number are not corrected, I know, but these are examples)

a kind of energy beam:
2014-08-29_09.41.02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: radyjko

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
The Galaticraft equivalent of Railcraft's energy storage cart. I'd like to also suggest a liquid (fuel, oil, GC3 liquids) and oxygen storing rocket? This would require liquid loaders/unloaders like the cargo rockets have.

Interesting idea I just thought of. By extracting the energy from an energy rocket into a energy cluster, you might be able to power the unloader, even the launch controller if you have enough (and it's quick enough as well.)

Jul 13, 2014
Interesting idea I just thought of. By extracting the energy from an energy rocket into a energy cluster, you might be able to power the unloader, even the launch controller if you have enough (and it's quick enough as well.)
you need energy to transport energy with caves? no, so, why you should use energy to power an energy unloader?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
You can transport oxygen in the form of Canisters of Liquid Oxygen. The Overworld is a great place to make those...
As of build 3.0.2.189, the Canisters of Liquid Oxygen can be used to give oxygen to your machines in your space base, and we will be adding them in to the Oxygen Storage Module today as well so you can unload canisters into the Oxygen Storage Module and then pipe it around a whole base. So a complete system for transporting oxygen can be built (though it might be easier just to use Oxygen Collectors and a tree farm, that's your choice - maybe a space station does not have the space for a tree farm?)

Seems like we need a compact energy storage item, which is the equivalent of 50 batteries, but it needs special handling - maybe a special machine to charge + discharge it? I think we don't want to add just another uber-battery to Minecraft so we don't want players to use the compact energy storage item to power all machines.

Jul 13, 2014
You can transport oxygen in the form of Canisters of Liquid Oxygen. The Overworld is a great place to make those...
As of build 3.0.2.189, the Canisters of Liquid Oxygen can be used to give oxygen to your machines in your space base, and we will be adding them in to the Oxygen Storage Module today as well so you can unload canisters into the Oxygen Storage Module and then pipe it around a whole base. So a complete system for transporting oxygen can be built (though it might be easier just to use Oxygen Collectors and a tree farm, that's your choice - maybe a space station does not have the space for a tree farm?)

Seems like we need a compact energy storage item, which is the equivalent of 50 batteries, but it needs special handling - maybe a special machine to charge + discharge it? I think we don't want to add just another uber-battery to Minecraft so we don't want players to use the compact energy storage item to power all machines.
a single canister of liquid oxygen contain 1000 units(=2000 oxygen units), so, why we should choose these, when there are heavy oxygen tanks, that can contain 2700 oxygen units?
for the compact energy storage item I think that this is an incredibly GREAT idea! in gc2 a battery can contain 2 times as a energy storage module (too much) in gc3 they can contain only the 3% of an energy storage module(too little), but what you describe is fantastic! please add it.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
a single canister of liquid oxygen contain 1000 units(=2000 oxygen units)
Where do you get that from?

A canister of liquid oxygen contains 1000mB (millibuckets).
Converted to gas, it makes 10,800 units of oxygen gas. So it's an efficient way to transport oxygen around.

Jul 13, 2014
Where do you get that from?

A canister of liquid oxygen contains 1000mB (millibuckets).
Converted to gas, it makes 10,800 units of oxygen gas. So it's an efficient way to transport oxygen around.
Hey, you're right! I don't remember where I get that information, but I had a vague memory of this thing, and I wrote that... sorry!:oops:
anyway, my idea is more automatic, not? if you need Item to charge, how you can create an automatic transportation system? you need hopper, but they don't "know" when an item is fully charged. with an energy rocket, you can set the launcher to "launch when: cargo is full" and connect a wire from a solar panel to the rocket, the rocket fly to the other dimension(or base), and a wire connected from the rocket to an energy storage module(or directly to a machine) unload it. if you set the launch controller to "launch when: cargo is unloaded" when it unload all the energy, it will fly to the previous base, and so on. you don't need to do something, but with items you must at least take that from a panel and put in a cargo loader(I think that's very tedious). thank you for have consumed your precious time for my post.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The hopper system can "know" when an item is fully charged, if the machine which produces or uses the items is made by the mod author to work that way.

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
I know both energy storage blocks work this way but must not be supplying max output power to something connected to the output. Putting dead batteries in a hopper will have them charge. Having charged batteries will discharge them.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Like @dj3520 said. Energy Storage Module is a good place to charge your batteries using hoppers or other automated systems. I'll make a note to add the same feature to solar panels some time.

Jul 13, 2014
Like @dj3520 said. Energy Storage Module is a good place to charge your batteries using hoppers or other automated systems. I'll make a note to add the same feature to solar panels some time.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!!! I wrote something that will be added in that mod!!!!!! thanks you very very much!

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
I haven't tried it in GC3 but I think the smart hopper battery system worked in GC2. It might of failed if the battery wasn't getting charged (static) and it would of been hoppered out. I'd need to test that again.

ean521

Jun 17, 2015
Perhaps add a way to use electromagnetic waves to transmit energy between planets, so that a solar farm on the Moon can send energy to your base on Mars or the Asteroids where sunlight is scarce. Of course, you could just take a bunch of batteries to your main energy source and fill them up, but an automatic way would make it much more convenient. I am sure that there could be other uses for this as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: cricket354

ean521

Jun 17, 2015
No replies... does that mean good idea that need no change or bad idea that deserve no construction upon?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I could have sworn that I searched for it and found nothing. Sorry ^_^
No worries, no problem. I merged your topic so that your point of view can contribute to the idea.

PRO-TIP: posting on an existing or popular topic increases the chances of getting a reply, since a wider number of people will be notified.