About respawning

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
Ok, I want to set spawn in dimension other than Overworld. Let's say it'll be Mars. Now, I don't want something like when I die i respawn on Mars, I want to spawn on Mars after creating world.

So:

1. Is there any way to do it with Galacticraft 3? If Yes how? If no then 2.

2. Is there any mod that allow me to do that? If Yes Which, If no then 3.

3. Can I suggest it as feature to GC? If No I gonna cry.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Question to @radyjko:

4. Did you try already going to Mars, and dying?

5. If Yes to Q4, what happened? What do you want to change about what happened?
If No to Q4, go try it.

6. If the answer to Q5 is that you want to change it, place a bed on Mars, sleep in the bed (can be tricky in Single Player, it needs to be night on the Overworld before you can sleep, but on a Cauldron server you can normally just right-click a bed any time to set a spawn point), then answer Q4 and Q5 again.

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
Question to @radyjko:

4. Did you try already going to Mars, and dying?

5. If Yes to Q4, what happened? What do you want to change about what happened?
If No to Q4, go try it.

6. If the answer to Q5 is that you want to change it, place a bed on Mars, sleep in the bed (can be tricky in Single Player, it needs to be night on the Overworld before you can sleep, but on a Cauldron server you can normally just right-click a bed any time to set a spawn point), then answer Q4 and Q5 again.

4. Yes. That was horrible experience XD

5. So I respawned on Mars. But what I want is to SPAWN on Mars (Now I see, wrong thread name) So when I create new world I won't spawn on overworld, but on Mars. Or when I join some server i won't spawn on overworld but on Mars. Mainly modpack reasons.

6. I don't want it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JasonMcRay

Jan 19, 2014
Hello. just got an echo from Radfast that you are looking for a way to force respawn and spawn on diferent dimension. In my pack I am using mod called Perfect Spawn (http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/221418-perfect-spawn) It allows you to set spawn coords and also dimension.

spawnDimension - Number of dimension you want to spawn in (for example -28 or -29 for Moon and Mars)
spawnX - X Coord of the spawn
spawnY - Y Coord of the spawn
spawnZ - Z Coord of the spawn

Other three options are:
exactSpawn - Will force players to spawn at the EXACT set coords. So if you set this to false and your coords will end up in the ground, you will spawn above the ground or somewhat nearby
forceBed - Normaly in some dimensions you cant sleep in bed (like nether). This will override it and will let you use the bed in the dimension you specified as Spawn dimension
spawnProtection - this speaks for itself. It will provide the spawn protection on servers (like in vanilla where you cant break or place blocks in 16x16 block radius around the spawn)

Hope this helps

Reactions: radyjko