Galacticraft 3 Release Notes

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thank you :D Reminds me, from now on all Galacticraft players should be wearing ties. No tie = no forum post.

OK now the red face - in GC 3.0.3.200, a bug with aluminium wire and BuildCraft has come to light, which can cause crashes. (The bug was hiding in the code all along, but only came to light now because other things have been fixed.)

People playing Galacticraft with Buildcraft installed - or EnderIO installed - please use version 3.0.3.201 instead.

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
I could be making an error, but it seems that in the latest version 3.0.3 that I cannot turn advanced mode off on the sensor glasses, even if I change the key binding.

The only other thing I have noticed is that sealable O2 blocks will only send O2 straight through... not make a turn ( as in come up from the bottom and go out the side )

Good job however I love the mod, love the sounds I was not getting in the previous version, just wanted to report things I have noticed :)

Minecraft 1.7.2
Forge 1161
Glacticraft 3.0.3 build 201
Craft Guide 1.6.8.1
No other mods on my test server. I have a family and friends server on a hosted server. But my test server is my home server. Mo Creatures is the only Mod on my hosted server but Glacticraft will be added when Forge and Mo creatures and Glacticraft update to Minecraft 1.8, that will trigger a new world game.

We are VERY VERY picky about mods.... yours is an out of the ballpark winner. We can hardly wait.

p.s. I am certain I posted this in the wrong place.. I apologize in advance, Im new here, I will try to learn, but I am old.. and learn slowly.

Last edited:
Reactions: radfast

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
p.s. I am certain I posted this in the wrong place.. I apologize in advance, Im new here, I will try to learn, but I am old.. and learn slowly.
It's quite alright. However, just so you know where, a post like this would probably go in its own thread in the "general" tab. Any user can create their own thread.

(And thanks for the feedback about the mod, although I do not develop it myself it is very close to my heart and I have supported it monetarily and morally for a while :D)

Reactions: radfast

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
It's quite alright. However, just so you know where, a post like this would probably go in its own thread in the "general" tab. Any user can create their own thread.

(And thanks for the feedback about the mod, although I do not develop it myself it is very close to my heart and I have supported it monetarily and morally for a while :D)

Thanks... I just hate making new threads LOL but I can do that :)

We are almost anti mod people, we don't want mods that do things for you or automate things ( so no buildcraft ) we don't want mods that make the game easier, the game is easy enough as it is, so no auto map mods and such. etc

Mo Creatures was the first Ah ha! mod for us... this is the second.

The only time we have broken that is with the craft guide mod...so I can stop explaining to my wife how to craft something :)

a Mod for us has to be really special, add to the complexity and variety and beauty... this mod seems to be exactly the kind of mod we love.

You will laugh but at first I didn't like the arc furnace and the sensor goggles for that reason, but when we considered the shear bulk of materials required for this... it made sense, it was balanced. Hats off to the developer.... very well done, and very well thought out

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Likes ^^^ Thank you both of you for your words, it's people like you that helps keep us motivated to work on the mod.

@Dwight you may be better off using NEI rather than Craft Guide, though it's personal preference I guess. Galacticraft has extra guides if you are using NEI, there are graphics to show how most of the machines work, including Electric Compressor, Circuit Fabricator and the new Methane Synthesizer and Gas Liquefier in GC3.

We'll look into this, no need to start a new thread now:
in the latest version 3.0.3 that I cannot turn advanced mode off on the sensor glasses, even if I change the key binding.
The way you expressed that perhaps implies that you were able to turn advanced mode off in a previous version - if so, do you recall which version that was, as it could help us in tracking down the cause of this.

Thanks also for the pointer about sealable oxygen pipes. It seems that several sealable blocks are not functioning correctly just now, that one is added to the list. See also here: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/791

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Likes ^^^ Thank you both of you for your words, it's people like you that helps keep us motivated to work on the mod.

@Dwight you may be better off using NEI rather than Craft Guide, though it's personal preference I guess. Galacticraft has extra guides if you are using NEI, there are graphics to show how most of the machines work, including Electric Compressor, Circuit Fabricator and the new Methane Synthesizer and Gas Liquefier in GC3.

We'll look into this, no need to start a new thread now:

The way you expressed that perhaps implies that you were able to turn advanced mode off in a previous version - if so, do you recall which version that was, as it could help us in tracking down the cause of this.

Thanks also for the pointer about sealable oxygen pipes. It seems that several sealable blocks are not functioning correctly just now, that one is added to the list.

It was the previous blue colored build 170 that we could switch the sensor glasses on and off advanced mode, and the sealable block was working.

I only noticed because my mars base started losing O2 and I couldnt figure out why, I finall broke the sealable block and piped it direct and it worked.

That is when I figured out it was not taking a corner inside that block ( but it was with wire sealable blocks )

I will checkout NEI :) But the cheating part wont work on a server will it?

I would love one that also showed those machine recipies! thanks

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
It was the previous blue colored build 170 that we could switch the sensor glasses on and off advanced mode, and the sealable block was working.

I only noticed because my mars base started losing O2 and I couldnt figure out why, I finall broke the sealable block and piped it direct and it worked.

That is when I figured out it was not taking a corner inside that block ( but it was with wire sealable blocks )

I will checkout NEI :) But the cheating part wont work on a server will it?

I would love one that also showed those machine recipies! thanks

I really liked CraftGuide because it works more like a manual or reference book, but it only shows recipes and doesn't show how to use machines.

And no, the cheating part won't work unless you have been given permission/op status because it works the same as if you typed in "/give [player] [item]". So if you click an item without having permission it will simply respond with the "you do not have permission to do this" message.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
I really liked CraftGuide because it works more like a manual or reference book, but it only shows recipes and doesn't show how to use machines.

And no, the cheating part won't work unless you have been given permission/op status because it works the same as if you typed in "/give [player] [item]". So if you click an item without having permission it will simply respond with the "you do not have permission to do this" message.
There is something better "too many items mod" it support gc and i think every mod

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
New version 3.0.4.205 is up. The new gas machines have added polish and everything is working well, you can now set up a whole automated factory.

Just for now, you will need a fluid pipe or tube from another mod, to move hydrogen from the Water Electrolyzer to the Methane Synthesizer. You can use: Mekanism gas tube, BuildCraft fluid pipe, EnderIO fluid conduit, or anything similar.

It includes a fix for the Sensor Glasses advanced mode toggle, which @Dwight mentioned.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
New version 3.0.4.205 is up. The new gas machines have added polish and everything is working well, you can now set up a whole automated factory.

Just for now, you will need a fluid pipe or tube from another mod, to move hydrogen from the Water Electrolyzer to the Methane Synthesizer. You can use: Mekanism gas tube, BuildCraft fluid pipe, EnderIO fluid conduit, or anything similar.

It includes a fix for the Sensor Glasses advanced mode toggle, which @Dwight mentioned.
Do you plan on adding a fluid pipe for galacticraft?

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
I've added some CraftGuide compatibility to the next GC build - CraftGuide will now be able to show you all the Galacticraft compressor recipes for the Compressed plates.

Thank you, we tired NEI and it is just too busy and "in your face" every time you open your inventory.

We are old people, you know, decrepit and set in our ways.. and I suppose we like the Craft Guide thing better

We are excited that you are going to add compatibility with that :)

We decided that Mo Creatures kinds of locks us into 1.7.2 so we have created a new server that only has Galacticraft on it and now running 1.7.10 and your Glacticraft 3.0.4, That and we decided that flying mounts takes away from other projects we used to do, roads and minecart trains etc.

My group talked about it, and we are not reseting the world again until Minecraft 1.8 and forge and Galacticraft are updated to it :)

Happy campers, and thank you for such a wonderful expansion, everyone loves it.

Reactions: Vigilantecow

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
CraftGuide compatibility is there now. Look in the specific machine recipes for "Ingot Compessor".

(I did not add CraftGuide recipes for Basic Wafer, Advanced Wafer, Solar Panel and the various types of liquid canister, it's too much work because the machines which make those items would not have the standard CraftGuide 3x3 crafting grid. Smart players can probably figure out what to do just by looking at the names of the machines, and if someone builds a machine, every slot has a tooltip informing you how to use it.)

We will not be adding a general use fluid pipe for Galacticraft, because that already exists in so many other mods, and because every usable fluid in Galacticraft can be stored and manipulated using canisters. (Canisters can be hoppered in and out of the machines which use them.)

We will be adding a hydrogen pipe, specifically to connect the Water Electrolyzer to the Methane Synthesizer so that people can make a fuel factory without any other mods. I hope that hydrogen pipe will come this week. Until it comes, the Water Electrolyzer + Methane Synthesizer machines are going to be useless on servers which have no other pipes mod installed, sorry.

---

Now that Galacticraft 3 is pretty much stable and most of the bugs found and dealt with (see Github for the small number of open + known issues, and thanks to everyone that has helped us to get this far) it's likely that three things will happen.
  • New features and enhancements will start being added again - we are working on two excellent things right now.
  • The asteroids will be 'rounded off' - at present there is no boss, no treasure in the form of a new schematic, and some other things are not fully as we would want them to be, we want it to be a richer environment with more rewards for reaching that far.
  • Galacticraft 3 will stop being in "beta"!
Our future plans are no reason not to start playing a map now. Galacticraft is always being improved, and everything (except that missing hydrogen pipe!) is 100% playable as it is. But, at some future time, an update will come when it will be recommended to reset the Asteroids dimension to have the benefit of any additions we have made, for example new boss or treasure. So - as also mentioned in the original release notes - we recommend players don't spent a lot of time and resources building large bases in the Asteroids just yet, at least not in Survival maps.

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
sounds good to me :)

We only play in survival mode... thanks Rad! Youir mod is the best thing that has happened to Minecraft in a long time