Titanium

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Before we totally give up on the idea of acquiring titanium, are there any tips?

we don't know how it spawns
we don't know what it looks like
we are in the asteroids... looking everywhere

is it those black asteroids floating by?

any tips would be appreciated

Glacticraft 3
Build 222
wits... at end

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Ilmenite Ore is what you need to be looking for. It's there as one of the three ore types, it's about as common as the others. Some should be easily visible in the size 1 asteroid clouds between the larger asteroids.

Use an Electric Arc Furnace to smelt it to improve the production rate. I'm not sure if a Fortune pick will also make it drop more titanium shards, not tested that myself.

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you Rad... I am prepping now for a return.,.... I think I just saw one, we were looking everywhere except the 1 block asteroids.... :p

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Nope... still none, is there a level that it spawns at... cause there are no asteroids at all below around 49 on my server

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
One of my players found the ore, but only after installing Mekanisum and flying around with a Jet pack

so it does exist, just incredabily rare

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I'm looking at adding asteroids filled with ores some time in the next few builds, together with other asteroids changes, so titanium should become an easier find after that.

Our priority right now for the Asteroids is solving that lag problem, the exact cause is still a mystery (my belief is it's a combination of two or three causes). We are also - of course - aware there is not yet a boss or a dungeon in that dimension. For all of these reasons, it's likely that over the next 1-4 weeks there will be quite big changes in the Asteroids. At the end of all that process I will recommend that servers and SSP players re-gen the Asteroids dimension and after that there won't be any more changes to it until GC4.

I know it's not good that the Asteroids dimension has an unfinished feel currently. All I can say is, we are aware of the issues and this is the main reason why Galacticraft 3 is still tagged "Beta". As with everything, it's a balance between finding solutions for this, trouble-shooting other issues, and adding in some of the other new features we have planned for the mod. We will get there in the end. Galacticraft 3 is immensely playable as things stand, and all players get it for free, so I don't feel too bad about any of this!

How can players help us? Basically, be more like @Ezer'Arch ;)

Actually I'm serious: keeping the forum organised, answering people's sensible questions and pouring cold water on the threads which get out of hand is an incredible help to me (also over at MinecraftForum where most posters are super-noobish). If issues arise, make clear issue reports with exact steps for us to reproduce them. Patreon donations to @micdoodle8 are also always appreciated I'm sure: as anyone can see by visiting the Patreon site, the donations are not enough for a person to make a living off of, but it is a great way of showing appreciation, and at the end of the day it's players' appreciation for the mod that motivates us to keep on coding it.

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you Radfast, and Ezer
For what it is worth, I think your priorities are in exactly the right place.
Lag is a much larger issue, and I have already warned my players that the Asteroid dimension will get reset at some point
I am open to being smacked by Ezer if I get out of line ( and I am glad he moved that thread ... this thread? )
Anyway thanks for the answers and I will be copying your post to my players in an e-mail, exactly what they would like to hear. :)
I want you to know I may sound like I am complaining,, but I am not complaining... I am trying to understand if I am making a mistake or not, as this one turns out, I am not making a mistake, it is just rare right now... but that will change in some future update ... I am happy and satisfied with that response :)