"Forge mod loader detected that the backup lever.dat is being used"

Daniel Suarez

Nov 2, 2014
So i am using Galacticraft started yesterday and i was getting SOME crash errors but nothing serious. But i woke up today got on normally but now when i try to open it, it says:

Forge mod loader detected that the backup level.dat is being used

This may happen due to a bug or corruption,continuing can damage your world beyond repair or lose data/progress

It is recommended you save a copy of your game before continuing

Options:

Yes/No

So when i press yes nothing happens. It brings me to the tittle screen and when i try to open the place again it crashes my window.

And when i press no pretty same process. But it doesn't crash it, it simply makes it non responsive.

I am using a Windows 8 HP, on minecraft version 1.7.10. Any help would be appreciated!

Daniel Suarez

Nov 2, 2014
And by the way it didn't make a copy of the place or anything. If i open up minecraft again it does the same thing.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
So i am using Galacticraft started yesterday and i was getting SOME crash errors but nothing serious.
You shouldn't be getting any crash errors at all. Please post your logs (or crash reports) from yesterday, use Pastebin or Dropbox or Google Drive or similar if they are too large to post easily.

Also make sure you are always using the latest version of Galacticraft (that's 3.0.5.229 currently)

But i woke up today got on normally but now when i try to open it, it says:

Forge mod loader detected that the backup level.dat is being used

This may happen due to a bug or corruption,continuing can damage your world beyond repair or lose data/progress

It is recommended you save a copy of your game before continuing

Options:

Yes/No
Probably the world did not save properly yesterday after one of the crashes.

So when i press yes nothing happens. It brings me to the tittle screen and when i try to open the place again it crashes my window.

And when i press no pretty same process. But it doesn't crash it, it simply makes it non responsive.
Please provide logs or crash reports. They are in your .minecraft folder.

I will happily take a look at the logs, but my guess is you might have to delete this world and start over. That sucks, but you could always use creative mode to quickly give yourself the items you had before.

Daniel Suarez

Nov 2, 2014
Oh man that sucks... ;( Well here is the crash report.. Thanks by the way

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Oops.

Time: 11/2/14 12:13 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tick.TickHandlerServer.onServerTick(TickHandlerServer.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_68_TickHandlerServer_onServerTick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:260)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:536)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8 (x86) version 6.2
Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 220052712 bytes (209 MB) / 523501568 bytes (499 MB) up to 523501568 bytes (499 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx512M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1230 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1230 7 mods loaded, 7 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.85.1230} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.2.1230} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
Micdoodlecore{} [Micdoodle8 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
TooManyItems{1.7.10} [TooManyItems] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
GalacticraftCore{3.0.5} [Galacticraft Core] (GalacticraftCore-BETA-1.7-3.0.5.229.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
GalacticraftMars{3.0.5} [Galacticraft Planets] (Galacticraft-Planets-BETA-1.7-3.0.5.229.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [GCEntityPlayerMP['DanielSuarez369'/2195541, l='Galaxy in 0.3G', x=184.30, y=59.00, z=135.00]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thank you for posting the crash report. That crash report is a new bug in Galacticraft which I didn't know about. I've opened an issue for it on the Github and we should have it fixed within a couple of days.

It seems possible that that crash is also the cause of your world not saving properly (could be some other cause, but let's go with the crash for now). If your world is corrupted beyond repair, I'm very sorry about that. But looking at the crash, it seems related to footprints on the Moon so I guess you might be able to fix your world just by deleting the Moon dimension only. That's easy to do, go into the saved world's folder and delete the DIM28 folder. Galacticraft should be able to regenerate it automatically, next time you log on (obviously anything you built on the Moon will be lost forever though). Might be an idea to make a backup of your world first, just in case something goes wrong.