Galacticraft 3 Release Notes

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
'''Note servers and players with existing worlds from before version 3.0.6 will have to delete the old Asteroids dimension (DIM-30) from the world save folder and have it re-generate, to have the new ores and the new lighting.'''

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
New Galacticraft 3.0.6.231 is out, with a major overhaul of the Asteroids dimension.

* Eliminated the lag in the Asteroids dimension

* A good proportion of asteroids now have cores of solid ore

* Added a new lighting system, Asteroids are lit on the sunny side and dark on the other side - it looks pretty nice if you fly around now

-clip-

See here for a list of the ores: http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Asteroids#Geological_Features

Just tried out the new asteroid lighting system, looks pretty awesome!

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
My group loved the changes, it feels darker, and more realistic, tremendous improvement on the lag, great job!

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
New version 3.0.6.239 has better hopper automation for Electric Compressor and Circuit Fabricator, it also works with pipes and Applied Energistics systems and other item moving things, so you can make fully automatic Galacticraft factories now. Try it, I think it's really good.

The new version also adds a couple more ways to generate other mods ores on the Moon and other planets, without needing to use Generate Other Mods Features on Planets = true. For more info on this: http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Config#Adding_ores_from_other_mods

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
New version 3.0.6.240 has full RF power compatibility. This should fix all the issues with EnderIO 2.2, Forestry, Big Reactors, etc. Please let me know, on the forum or on the Github issues list, of any problems.

Feb 1, 2014
Oh wow, thanks Radfast! I normally used Power Conduits for my base... imagine my surprise when they wouldn't connect to Galacticraft machines! But that's fixed now, so thanks!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
New build 3.0.6.242 adds the missing Hydrogen Pipe. You can finally connect Water Electrolyzer to Methane Synthesizer without using another mod.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Latest build 3.0.6.245 no longer has configurable entity IDs.

Details:
* The entity ID configs (for Evolved Spider, Tier 1 rocket, etc) in the config files now have no purpose and can be deleted or ignored. A newly generated config file will not have these settings
* All IDs are internally generated, in a way which should make ID conflicts impossible
* This is intended to allow compatibility between Galacticraft and Orespawn, especially

Points to watch:
* An insanely large mod list could in theory "run out" of IDs for mobs, giving a crash with the error message "No more entity indicies left". If that happens Galacticraft or some other mod would most likely have crashed with an entity ID conflict anyhow. Minecraft just cannot handle more than 255 different types of mobs in the game, it's a hard-coded limitation. For an idea how many mobs you have in your game, look at the spawn eggs in NEI. Most modded games should have 20 or 30 eggs there. I've never seen more than 100.
* If you want to push the limits, use several mods which all add a large variety of mobs. How about Galacticraft, Orespawn, Mo' Creatures, and Grimoire of Gaia.
* If you're in Creative mode, please check that all the different types of Galacticraft evolved mob spawn eggs still work OK. They do work in my testing.

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
@radfast, what's this?

Evolved Baby Creepers. They are fast and seem they have the same attack strength of their adult versions.

-----

Just something I'd like to point out about the 245 version: The Mars Dungeon Bricks are so soft that after I have deafeated the Creeper Boss, the room is totally wrecked.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
umm, I'm not responsible for the Evolved Baby Creeper. But looks like a nice screenshot for the wiki.
Mars dungeon brick explosion resistance will be buffed next build.

S_Hacker

Jan 19, 2014
Antarctica
Wow, I've been gone for so long from here and all this new things are being coded into Galacticraft. Glad to see all the new stuff and improvements on the mod, I wonder what I've been missing out on.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
New version 3.0.7.252 is available to download.
Mostly minor changes and compatibility fixes with other mods, since version 3.0.6.245.
This should be the most stable version of Galacticraft 3 so far, but please give us any issue reports in the usual place...

BB-Traceur

Dec 27, 2014
thanks, could nod find it myself. don't see the #252 though. (I was wondering if the problem has been fixed with the sealable oxygen block (doesn't connect to a sealer) (also, I didn't report it,yet).) again, thanks for the link!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Yup, sorry about the sealed pipe blocks, that will be fixed soon now. (I note that issue 1085 is flagged as Priority, but has been for a while :oops: )