Galacticraft 3 Mob: Worm

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
I don't know if there is mob planned for this update ( but as I heard there is no boss :( )

Asteroids Worm :

Also known as Giant Worm , in GC first days there was worm and we know that
A Giant Worm is a large orange mob found in Galacticraft. It does not spawn naturally but can be obtained in creative mode as an egg on both the Moon and the Overworld. As of the current version of Galacticraft, the worm cannot be killed except with the use of the block TNT.

I think the worm should have huge interest and update like

• Hide in the asteroids that you live on it for more than minecraft 10 days
  • When it spawn in the asteroid it eat it from inside slowly until it reach surface of asteroid
  • After finishing asteroid eating it will attack you and try to finish you
  • And then eat upper layer of Asteroids and your base

Avoiding it

• To avoid Asteroids Worm you should always travel to another asteroids
  • If you didn't like the first option then you should dig down daily to see if there is a worm to kill it
  • There is a good solution for avoiding worm without digging ( Bacterial Sludge ) try to put Bacterial Sludge in the center of the the asteroid , cause the worm skin will burn from it till death
  • Avoid putting water cause it make her powerful and also it can increase the number of worms
Killing it

• Attack it ( harder than wither , and faster )
  • Have bacteria bucket always
  • Have TNT cause it's enemy is TNT , but there will be damages in your asteroid
  • Put water because she love it and it will not attack you for about 30 sec , but if you didn't kill it in that time it will be powerful and destroy you even if you have the strongest armors
  • Run
Gallery

2013-03-31_10.49.40.png

starwars-spaceslug.jpg

Creepy
Hothslug.JPG

That's all if you want me to add anything just tell me , also sorry for some people I hear they give them nightmares XD

BYE

Reactions: Vigilantecow

waterside

Nov 30, 2014
when i was looking at post i saw this and i thought the tital cut off so i clicked to see what it was about
an actual worm and then i combined it with what i thought the tital was worm + worm hole and i got this idea
what if your worm could just be like your worm but (like the ender man) can teleport... but not like ender men but it takes like 5 secounds to teleport and its animation is it jumps up and makes a wormhole underneath it and jumps in then will jump back out randomly in a random location... or under you that would that would probably be hear to code but not as hard as your worm (with all of the weakness's and stuff ) while mine just teleports

btw... the asteroids at the place in the solar system its at will be to cold or to hot for liquid water to exist

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
btw... the asteroids at the place in the solar system its at will be to cold or to hot for liquid water to exist

If there’s not enough force pressing the water into a liquid phase, then there’s no force binding the water molecules together. If you simply allow them to diffuse away, they will. And that’s the definition of a gas, which is what you’ll wind up with. On the other hand, water has no business being a liquid at low temperatures. If you start with liquid water, you can turn it into a gas by lowering the pressure, but you can also turn it into a solid by lowering the temperature. My question is this, 'If you took a glass of water into outer space, would the water freeze or would the water boil?'

Space is a lot of things: cold, dark, and empty come to mind. The temperature of space is, at its coldest, -455 degrees Fahrenheit. But there’s also, no pressure in space. So, does the water freeze or boil?

The answer is first one, and then the other! It turns out that having a pressure vacuum will cause the water to boil almost instantly. Once the water has boiled, we now have some isolated water molecules in a gaseous state in a very cold environment! These tiny water vapor droplets now immediately deposition, and become ice crystals.

tl:dr - Liquid water would become a gas, then become a solid.

Reactions: waterside

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
My question is this, 'If you took a glass of water into outer space, would the water freeze or would the water boil?'
This is a good question, and you answered it yourself. The effect would look like very fine snow, I think - but it would not "fall" unless there is gravity (e.g. on the Moon).

Behaviour on Mars would be different because there is atmospheric pressure there. I think the water would freeze in the regular way, like on Earth, but very slowly over a long time (days) frozen water ice would sublime into the atmosphere. Pretty much the exact same behaviour you would have if you placed water in a cold desert on Earth.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Space is a lot of things: cold, dark, and empty come to mind. The temperature of space is, at its coldest, -455 degrees Fahrenheit. But there’s also, no pressure in space. So, does the water freeze or boil?
Space itself is not cold, because space is made of.... space, that is, emptiness. There would be no matter in contact with a body of water to "steal" the heat immediately, like when you hold an ice cube or when a cold wind blows your face.

What is cold or hot in the space are the things in the space, like dust, rocks, planets, gas or any matter that can "store" or produce heat. Therefore, if you open a bottle of water in the space it wouldn't freeze immediately, it would boil instead. If not a liquid, the object would likely lose heat slowly by irradiation if not under a light/heat source such as the Sun. http://www.universetoday.com/77070/how-cold-is-space/

Interestingly some thermal bottles uses partial vacuum to keep liquids warm or cold. Vacuum is a good thermal insulation.

But things would be a bit different if an object is in contact with something. It would likely cool down on Mars because its air is very cold, or it would be toasted on Venus surface due to its hell-like atmosphere.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoltonMontro
Jul 13, 2014
I want just to say that: "NEVER!"(crashed window) (man who fall from the 12th level) (dead body splatted)
it's a bad idea, because so I can lost everything i done just because a spatial shit (sorry for the expression, but I needed that) is hiding inside my house! and when he destroyed my house that i did with my hand he try to kill me! why don't make that he just jump to another asteroid and continue eating?
Anyway, I think that a continue preoccupation for this can be not just annoying, but also stressing! I would stop play galacticraft if this will be added! I don't want to search every day for a stupid worm that follow me like a stolker in every asteroid i go! if there is a simple and cheap metod to stop his spawn it's a little better, but if you're constrict to combat him every... I don't know... 3-4 days, I think that's a theft of freedom and I play minecraft also because I can do what I want when I want, and if I must go to the asteroids every few days I would just leave it abandoned forever and maybe I would uninstall GC!
A last thing: why the bacterial sludge should burn his skin? so... right to do something?