Magnetic fields, Antimatter collector and Radiation module

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
So on certain bodies, some planets, moons and planetary leftovers(currently Luna and the Asteroid belt in galacticraft) don't have support for a magnetic field, which means charged particles could head straight for you and slowly de-structure your body. So we might need to generate a magnetic field from charged particles.

Also, I have read that when
lightning strikes, antimatter is made and seems to go up and follow the magnetic field lines.[1] So maybe we could have an Antimatter collector to collect the antimatter that comes across the magnetosphere.
________________________________________________________________________________
When going into space or into other worlds, there is at least some radiation emitting sources and because of that you would receive radiation dose.

If any of the ideas have already been added or doesn't make any sense, please comment down below :)

Jul 13, 2014
why you should collect antimatter?
yeah... I don't imagine a useful thing that it can do...
And what should collect it??? if it is made of matter, it will be consumed by antimatter(which disappear) and if it is made of antimatter, you cannot touch it or you will be killed!

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Doesn't antimatter generate from positive instead of negative charged lightning?
I've heard some people made machines that could speed up the velocity of objects using antimatter, if they ever got hold of it of course.

Think about it, speeding up a specific thing to a massive velocity.

Jul 13, 2014
Doesn't antimatter generate from positive instead of negative charged lightning?
I've heard some people made machines that could speed up the velocity of objects using antimatter, if they ever got hold of it of course.

Think about it, speeding up a specific thing to a massive velocity.
-_-" yeeeeah... everyone have a positive lightning in the freezer... Anyway, I think that antimatter can't speed up the velocity of objects, because it destroy the objects...

Reactions: Vigilantecow

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
why you should collect antimatter?
yeah... I don't imagine a useful thing that it can do...
And what should collect it??? if it is made of matter, it will be consumed by antimatter(which disappear) and if it is made of antimatter, you cannot touch it or you will be killed!
Well... To power machines, to use rather than a conventional fuel, etc
Also, antimatter doesn't consume matter; it converts the matter and itself back into energy, which is why we'll need an airless room with a magnetic field (unless it's neutral, then you're screwed).

Jul 13, 2014
so you DONT have positive lighting in your freezer? Psh! Loser!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Too much funny! I'll read this post every day for all my life and laugh for this. thanks very much, you maked my sad day in a happy day!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2014
Well... To power machines, to use rather than a conventional fuel, etc
Also, antimatter doesn't consume matter; it converts the matter and itself back into energy, which is why we'll need an airless room with a magnetic field (unless it's neutral, then you're screwed).

Please... why you say that??? I know that tv try to say us that if matter touch antimatter they becames energy, but I don't know why! that has completely NO SENSE, because if you create 1 kg of matter you must create 1 "kg" of antimatter, and they have a contact, you CANNOT have energy, because that means that you created energy from nothing!!! if there is 1 thing that I've learnt when I was floating into space 10 minutes after the big bang, is that you can't create energy/matter from nothing! and... why you should need energy to create antimatter?? you have "just" to take out something from a place where there isn't anything...

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
-_-" yeeeeah... everyone have a positive lightning in the freezer... Anyway, I think that antimatter can't speed up the velocity of objects, because it destroy the objects...
I know positive lightning is rare but when it happens the antimatter dissapears pretty fast... Only if we had neutral matter...

B.T.W. if you could get an antimatter accelerator (mentioned in my above post) into a rocket you would basically have a warp ship.

Jul 13, 2014
I know positive lightning is rare but when it happens the antimatter dissapears pretty fast... Only if we had neutral matter...

B.T.W. if you could get an antimatter accelerator (mentioned in my above post) into a rocket you would basically have a warp ship.
Just a single comment:

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
One thing that would be good if the radiation module had charge (for electricity) which should be added to the sound frequency thing.

For example, if you're dealing with some liquids or items that might be a threat; just put on the module and you won't suffer anymore!(I hope i'm not making an Fnaf 2 reference)

Last edited:

spacet&b

May 20, 2013
For example, if you're dealing with some liquids or items that might be a threat; just put on the module and you won't suffer anymore!(I hope i'm not making an Fnaf 2 reference)
Are radiation and charged particles the same thing?

cricket354

Apr 3, 2015
Please... why you say that??? I know that tv try to say us that if matter touch antimatter they becames energy, but I don't know why! that has completely NO SENSE, because if you create 1 kg of matter you must create 1 "kg" of antimatter, and they have a contact, you CANNOT have energy, because that means that you created energy from nothing!!! if there is 1 thing that I've learnt when I was floating into space 10 minutes after the big bang, is that you can't create energy/matter from nothing! and... why you should need energy to create antimatter?? you have "just" to take out something from a place where there isn't anything...

It isn't creating energy out of nothing, ever heard of Mass-energy equivalence? Represented by the equation energy equals mass times the speed of light squared? It means that the energy an object is worth is equivalent to the objects mass multiplied by the speed of light, to the power of two. This reaction is literally a ludicrously overpowered explosion. That's what an explosion is. An exothermic reaction. And an exothermic reaction is a reaction that produces heat by the transformation of matter into energy. Combustion is the same thing too.

Then, as for why you need energy to make antimatter?

The main idea in making antimatter is just getting enough energy in a collision to allow the particles to be made. If you get electrons going fast enough and throw them at a piece of material called a target, preferably made out of atoms that have a large atomic number, you will have a shower of electrons, positrons (anti-electrons) and photons. The details are as follows:

A high-energy electron, when it comes near a nucleus, will feel the electric field of the charged nucleus, and be deflected in its path. The larger the charge of the nucleus, the more frequently this deflection will happen at large angles. When a fast electron is diverted from its straight-line path, it radiates some of its energy away as photons. High-energy photons, when they come near another nucleus, can spontaneously turn into an electron-positron pair (conserving charge and the "number of electrons", which both add to zero since a positron has positive charge and is an anti-electron). The second nucleus is there to exchange energy and momentum with, otherwise you cannot start with a photon (zero mass) and end up with two objects with mass and conserve energy and momentum.

If the electron and positron thus produced have enough energy, they can undergo scattering with more nuclei, radiate photons which can pair-produce more electrons and positrons, creating a whole "shower" of electrons, positrons, and photons. Positrons then can be separated away with magnets and collected in particle accelerators.