Rockets for intradimensional travel (and fuel concerns)

Flexico

Oct 20, 2013
I think I saw a post about this a while back, but I don't see it in the "recently suggested" thread, so here goes. XD

I think you should be able to use the rockets to get to distant places on the overworld/Earth by giving it coordinates or something. (Maybe need to set up a base at the destination first?) I think this would make sense as a mechanic, since returning from another planet would give one free range to land anywhere they want on the destination planet.

Fuel should be used up proportional to the distance traveled, maybe even exponentially so, like with real rockets that use more fuel to carry the weight of more fuel, etc. And speaking of which, why does it take the same amount of fuel to get to the Moon, Mars, and the Asteroid Belt? The Tier 3 rocket can hold 3 canisters of fuel, but uses less than one for a trip. This seems a bit unbalanced (and makes my tank of 500 buckets of fuel a little redundant). XD

And speaking of fuel, I know there's work being done on Hydrogen in the mod, but I feel that when it comes to interstellar travel (which I hope will be a thing eventually), antimatter is the way to go. Perhaps by the time such a thing is implemented, the Resonant Induction mod and its Particle Accelerator will be functional and could provide said fuel. I know it's probably not the best idea to depend on another mod (especially one with such a history of unreliability) but I think that would be way cool.

Gekens

Dec 4, 2014
The nice thing about this is that each player has more fun to reach new planets and get more fuel for space travel.
To give effect to this we must change the planets in space dimension (over the player approaches the planet over the texture of the planet becomes large)
In my opinion and other players is a great idea

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
The nice thing about this is that each player has more fun to reach new planets and get more fuel for space travel.
To give effect to this we must change the planets in space dimension (over the player approaches the planet over the texture of the planet becomes large)
In my opinion and other players is a great idea

What? The OPs idea is about using rockets to move around in one dimension. Like moving around on the overworld using rockets instead of portals, trains, or other teleportation methods. I don't understand how/why that would mean planet dimensions would have to change.

Flexico

Oct 20, 2013
Ok good, I wasn't the only one confused by that. XD I suspect English is not your first language.