Allocated ram 100%

Havax

Mar 15, 2015
Ever sense I installed Galacticraft, my allocated ram slowly works its way to 100%, then stutters, or even crashes, I've tried increases the amount allocated up to 5gbs (I have 12gbs of ram) and it still runs out of memory. I've also noticed that when I start a fresh game, ill have 15% allocated ram used, and if I switch to survival, it jumps straight up to 35%, but either way, it will eventually hit 100% and I have to restart my minecraft, where it will reset to about 40%. I've tried multiple things and I cannot seem to fix this problem. I am running single player with NVIDIA 860m Graphics, and run minecraft at about 120fps at full graphics, with Intel Core i7 2.50Ghz CPU. My game does not lag, but freezes temporarily with an error message that the game cannot keep up, and skips ticks, with no other information why.
The allocated memory jumps around, ill look at it one second and it will be 40%, and it will jump straight to 70%, then straight to 97%, then 100%, and at the beginning of the game the used memory is at about 8-11%, and when the allocated memory hits 100%, its at about 80%

Last edited:

MCcraftingCz

Feb 22, 2014
You have nvidia graphics that don't "like" java. Try to use bit-nubers (2-4-8-16-32-64...) for the ram. If this won't help, re-install java and graphics drivers. Btw. I have 2gb of ram. I'm using 1gb for galacticraft and works great.

progod1029

Feb 11, 2022
ive been having similar problems and ive only reached moon. Can someone help, i allocated 2gb memory to minecraft