Oxygen Sealers

babybasher

Feb 13, 2015
The Oxygen Sealer is a machine that fills a room with oxygen (although the oxygen is generally not visible) up to 800 blocks (amount stacks with multiple sealers within close proximity)

Having trouble with my English. Does the above sentence mean

a) EACH sealer can seal a room of up to 800 blocks, so 2 sealers about 1600 blocks etc

or

b) 800 blocks is the largest area that can be sealed using multiple sealers

Not sure where else to ask this question sorry, thanks.

Edit: Tried 4 sealers near each other but still couldn't seal my area. Do they have to be spread out in the area?

Last edited:

babybasher

Feb 13, 2015
Sorry, another question as to how they work.

Do they have like a radius check when sealing?

For example if they check (not meant to be accurate) 10 blocks above, and 10 blocks below. If the sealer is sitting on the ground, then the 10 blocks below it checks is kinda wasted. So if I'm trying to seal a room with a ceiling about 20 blocks high, I should place the sealer 10 blocks in the air? Hope you understand what I'm asking.

Kinda makes me wish for a new block to make it easier. Like a single sealer checks a default size area thats sealed, any size can be checked for with a dial or something on the machine. The sealer then displays how many 'oxygen pumps' (new block) will be required (at full capacity) to seal the area. Should be able to place them anywhere too, being a gas etc. Way off topic, and I'm sure its been debated for ever how anything should work.

Thanks again.

Edit:

Need some expert help :p I made a dome like in this site

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-A-Glass-Dome-On-Minecraft/step2/Sizing-and-Flattening/

The size I made it is '47'. Look at the picture on that link to see what I mean.

Can any smart people tell me how many sealers I'm gonna need to seal it up? I've tried 5 so far.

1 sealer in each 'corner' (about 9 blocks from the edges actually) of the dome at ground level.

And 1 sealer in the middle of the dome, raised up about 10 blocks.

Still getting the too large message. Do I need more sealers, or is my spacing off?

Heres a pic of what I've done. Don't judge me, it took me ages to build this :(

33b2vcm.png

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Your dome size 47 is 24 blocks across

Basic maths: radius is 12. internal volume is 0.5 x 4 pi x 12^3. that's 10857 blocks.

I would estimate around 10 sealers should be OK, maybe 11 or 12.

babybasher

Feb 13, 2015
Ridiculous!

I was wrong and my size was actually 49 not 47, woops.

Anyway, made 13, then 15, then 18. Bastard STILL wouldn't seal!

So I 'cut' the dome in half with moon dirt and it sealed. Took away 1 sealer at a time to see how many I need for each half.

14 SEALERS per HALF!! I need 28 sealers for this dome!? How is the maths so far off? Something wrong with the code or what :S

Will get making more, first to find more diamonds :)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
If your half dome is radius 14, that's 17241 internal blocks. I would expect around 21-22 sealers should be enough. If you need more than that it may be because your sealers are spaced too far apart, they actually work better if they are close together. All in the centre is best.