Moon landers despawn?

babybasher

Feb 13, 2015
So do they eventually despawn?

My routine is I usually retrieve my fuel/ship/launchpad from my lander and set it up once I land.

However this time I left it all in the lander and wandered off to work on my dome. And hour later I went back to the landing site, but the lander is gone. I'm the only one on my server, so its not funny business :/

I figured that the landers, like the crates on earth, don't despawn. Second spaceship I've lost to a bug :( The third spaceship I've lost so far (I lost one when I alt tabbed when taking off once :p )

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Shouldn't be possible. Maybe it's still there but it fell through into a cave or something? You can switch into creative mode and dig around a little. The only thing which can normally destroy a lander is a crash-landing. (OK I guess I didn't try TNT or shooting it with a hundred arrows...)

babybasher

Feb 13, 2015
Moon Lander and the Buggy sink one or two blocks, not sure if it's due to chunk unload. https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/1252#issuecomment-63222879

Had a dig under the area, wasnt there :(

I know what happened now though. I returned to the moon in another ship. Landed at night, as I did before, and jumped out and ran into the house for safety (again, as I did before). I looked back and saw 2 skeletons shooting eacho ther opposite sides of the lander. The arrows broke it. Luckily I saw it and ran and picked up this rocket/pad. Guess it's what happened before, skeletons having a biff!

Shouldn't be possible. Maybe it's still there but it fell through into a cave or something? You can switch into creative mode and dig around a little. The only thing which can normally destroy a lander is a crash-landing. (OK I guess I didn't try TNT or shooting it with a hundred arrows...)

From watching the skeletons, it took like 2 or 3 arrows :/ Arn't landers ment to be breakable with a pick? After I retrieve my stuff I always destroy my lander with like 2 blows of a stone pick axe. Thats normal right?